Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
0-1 River Plate

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I'd have watched it if Boca Juniors had got through to the final, but without a Brighton player involved? ................................... Nah!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'd have watched it if Boca Juniors had got through to the final, but without a Brighton player involved? ................................... Nah!

The amount of professional football talking heads who'd have lost their ploppy when they found out about Jocko McArgie, would have been very amusing.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Flamengo's manager certainly looks the part!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The amount of professional football talking heads who'd have lost their ploppy when they found out about Jocko McArgie, would have been very amusing.
And yet had Boca won that semi-final ad our quasi-Scotch Wonderkid was tearing up the opposition on prime time tele, and had just scored his second goal, I bet the fact that he's a Brighton player wouldn't even get mentioned. The commentators and summarisers probably wouldn't have known anyway.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Somewhere in ten years time, there will be some dullard commentator in Brazil forever banging on about "that magical night in Lima".

I wonder if that goalscoring hero will go on to do a shit job of managing Flamengo in the future?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here