Date: Saturday 23rd November 2019
Kick-off: 15:00 GMT
Referee: The Complete And Utter Shyster
Assistants: Ian Hussin, Daniel Robathan
Fourth official: James Linington
VAR: Graham Scott
Assistant VAR: Stephen Child

TEAM NEWS

Brighton winger Leandro Trossard has overcome an ankle injury, while Adam Webster could come into contention after missing the defeat at Manchester United because of a similar problem.

Aaron Connolly has failed to recover in time from a groin problem and captain Lewis Dunk serves a one-match ban.

Leicester midfielder James Maddison is fit after missing England's most recent game because of a calf strain.

Jonny Evans is expected to be available despite stomach pain early in the week.

MOTD COMMENTATOR'S NOTES

Simon Brotherton: These are exciting times for Leicester fans, with the club making their best ever start to a season and in the top two for the first time since they won the league in 2016.

Forthcoming fixtures suggest they could continue their charge as well. Following this trip to the south coast, Leicester's next four games are against sides currently in the bottom six.

Brighton have won their last three at home, but their chances may be compromised a little by absentees both up front and in defence this weekend.

However, Leandro Trossard's recovery from a recent injury on international duty is a big plus for head coach Graham Potter.

WHAT THE MANAGERS SAY

Graham Potter on Leicester: "You can see why they're up there in the top area of the league, and they are where they are on merit. I've been really impressed with them.

"They have players who can hurt us and we have to be collectively good and have a good basis for how we want to defend. We're in good form at home, but you don't get anything in football for what you've done in the past."

Leicester City manager Brendan Rodgers: "We need to keep our focus. Football is difficult to forecast.

"I learned when I was younger, when I tried to think about how many points we will get over the next five games, that it's better to just focus on the next game."

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

• [*=left]Brighton are winless in all four Premier League meetings, conceding two goals in each of their three defeats.
    [*=left]However, Leicester have won just one of their last six league visits to Brighton (D2, L3).

Albion

• [*=left]Brighton are vying to win four top-flight home matches in a row for the first time.
    [*=left]They could win more than four of their opening 13 top-flight fixtures in a season for only the second time, after 1982-83.
    [*=left]The Seagulls have lost seven of their eight Premier League games against sides in the top two, including the last six in a row. The exception was a 1-0 victory over Manchester United in May 2018.
    [*=left]Albion's tally of 10 goals in five league matches is two more than they scored in their previous 16 top-flight fixtures.
    [*=left]Their past eight league goals have been scored by eight different players, including a Lucas Digne own goal.

Leicester

• [*=left]The Foxes have won eight of their 10 most recent league games, including the past four in a row by an aggregate score of 15-1.
    [*=left]Leicester's tally of 26 points after 12 games is their most at this stage of a top-flight season, and one more than they had in their title-winning 2015-16 campaign.
    [*=left]They have won 13 Premier League fixtures under Brendan Rodgers, a record bettered only by Liverpool and Manchester City since his first game in charge in March.
    [*=left]Leicester have the division's best defensive record, conceding just eight goals this season.
    [*=left]Their second-half record is the best in the league, scoring an unsurpassed 19 goals, conceding only two and not being outscored after the interval in any game so far.
    [*=left]Jamie Vardy is the Premier League's 11-goal leading scorer this season, as well as being the top scorer in the competition in 2019 with 23 goals. He has scored in four successive league appearances.
    [*=left]James Maddison celebrates his 23rd birthday on the day of this match.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
‘Albion's tally of 10 goals in five league matches is two more than they scored in their previous 16 top-flight fixtures’

That’s quite startling...........

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
"Referee: The Complete And Utter Shyster"

What could possibly go wrong?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So excited

Shuggie

Sep 19, 2003
East Sussex coast
Don’t panic we will win, due to work I didn’t make the last three home games, same today.

In my case: "Don’t panic we will win, due to work I didn’t make many games for most of the last three years, but not any more ... back home for good now"
:albion2:

And one for the stattos:
  • Leicester's goal record 11 v 11 this season: 15:8 pts 24
  • Brighton's goal record 11 v 11 this season: 15:13 pts 19

Given home advantage, I think Lawro's called this one right. Cheeky couple of quid on 3-1 with Murray last goalscorer and Vardy sent-off ... 1901 Club here I come.

Unless we get someone sent off of course.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
We could do with a precious point today at least to keep the total ticking over.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Taking wifey out for dinner, followed by a movie, should be back just in time for kick off. :albion2:

I was about to loose my mind at someone having dinner at 10:00’ish in the morning. Even Northerners don’t call that meal, ‘dinner’. But then I noticed your location and all was right in the world. Have a nice meal sir, and enjoy the film!

UTA

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
"They could win more than four of their opening 13 top-flight fixtures in a season for only the second time, after 1982-83."

When we went on to be relegated, so I suppose we still shouldn't read too much into results at this stage either way...

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Guys I know this may sound silly but I’m normally at the home games - I’m driving back this Arvo form somewhere - can you just get commentary from the website these days if signed in?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Somebody's getting a hat-trick today.

It's....Jamie Vardy

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here