Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Checking ID at home games for Season Ticket Holders

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Thought they were using this type of technology to do this. So just going to review manually.....weird and more work for stewards who should be focussing on bottle tops.

Yeah they do have something that lets stewards know already and no they're not going to review manually which will free them up to check for bottle tops and flasks!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I'm of the same age, you cannot get a bus pass until you reach state pension age (unless you reside in jockland , taffland or live in London) all others have to wait, in my case 65 in July, so due my state pension next May ?

The senior concession at the club is also 65.

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
The senior concession at the club is also 65.

Thanks TB but I was aware of that, 4600 odd in the queue ahead of me though ? I gave my ST up when we decided to emigrate and have been on that waiting list since our return? What I was intimating was bus pass entitlement age has been increasing along with the Waspy women retirement age which unfortunately my wife is one of their number hardest hit by her age, we were expecting her state pension two years ago but still have four years to wait along with the 10 months added to my retirement age.

Thanks TB but I was aware of that, 4600 odd in the queue ahead of me though ? I gave my ST up when we decided to emigrate and have been on that waiting list since our return? What I was intimating was bus pass entitlement age has been increasing along with the Waspy women retirement age which unfortunately my wife is one of their number hardest hit by her age, we were expecting her state pension two years ago but still have four years to wait along with the 10 months added to my retirement age.
Your state retirement age is 65 years 10 months??

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
This is going well. Since I had to set up a separate account for my son with its own email address (which he doesn't use) they sent the upgraded ticket to that and not to me, which they always used to. Half an hour of arsing around that I really didn't need this morning.

Do you use Gmail?

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
Your state retirement age is 65 years 10 months??

yes, that's correct, retirement age increases in increments over a couple of years until your/my birthdate increases until 66 becomes the retirement age which of course will increase to 67 and then 68. this will change again in the future until 70/75 will be the eventual retirement age!!!!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I do, he doesn't

I suspect [MENTION=189]Wozza[/MENTION] is going to suggest you use a variation of your email address as his email address so that his emails come to you, using a Gmail quirk.

For example, if your email address is guinness.boy@gmail.com, you could put another . anywhere within that, eg guin.ness.boy@gmai.com and "his" emails would arrive in your inbox along with all your emails.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I suspect [MENTION=189]Wozza[/MENTION] is going to suggest you use a variation of your email address as his email address so that his emails come to you, using a Gmail quirk.

For example, if your email address is guinness.boy@gmail.com, you could put another . anywhere within that, eg guin.ness.boy@gmai.com and "his" emails would arrive in your inbox along with all your emails.

Cheers boss - I never knew that. A perfect solution :thumbsup:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Not sure you can muck about with the @gmail.com bit.......

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Yesterday two 19 year olds in our party were using 65+ concessions as the OAPs were ill. The costs are the same.

However, they could have been asked to prove they were not over 21, but weren't asked to proof same.

Still seems a little random.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Yesterday two 19 year olds in our party were using 65+ concessions as the OAPs were ill. The costs are the same.

However, they could have been asked to prove they were not over 21, but weren't asked to proof same.

Still seems a little random.

As under 21 and over 65 is the same price band of ticket (see the guide to the turnstile lights above) they would be very unlucky to get ID'd. Think this all more aimed at a few individuals persistently using kids season tickets.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003

I do indeed, but it's actually a + sign, like this:

usualaddress+extraname@gmail.com

I have four Albion accounts all on the same email account with this trick.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
That was an awful night, many of our fans pissed up as Christmas and virtually fighting each other over the shocking on field performance.

When I left the stadium I was totally disillusioned with all things BHAFC

Horrendous.

The lowest point of our time at The Amex

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I believe you can upgrade a concession a certain number of times a season. Most upgrades would be expected on 'school nights' but also happen when the 'big teams' come down.

I'll be 65 next season and looking forward to my discount.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here