Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Checking ID at home games for Season Ticket Holders

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
“Following several fraudulent instances, our stewards are being more vigilant this season on checking ID. Therefore, if you have purchased concession, junior or season tickets, please be prepared to provide ID on entry to all home games.”

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/1498885/pre-match-brief-albion-v-leicester-city

Or... given the reference to concession or junior tickets, perhaps they meant “senior” instead of “season”?

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Oh fab a good old fashioned Friday night Barber-Out witch hunt. :rave:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
“Following several fraudulent instances, our stewards are being more vigilant this season on checking ID. Therefore, if you have purchased concession, junior or season tickets, please be prepared to provide ID on entry to all home games.”

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/1498885/pre-match-brief-albion-v-leicester-city

Or... given the reference to concession or junior tickets, perhaps they meant “senior” instead of “season”?

Yes, I imagine that's exactly what they meant. Be prepared to prove your age.

I wonder if this is a case of borderline adults going in on an junior ST without upgrading it or same for senior citizens? I think it would be a bit harder for the under/over 10 bracket as not all will have ID. A birth certificate won't prove anything so they'd need a passport I presume. Not every child will have one.

Anyway, tomorrow there will be a 44 year old next to me instead of a 13 year old. My son has flu and is missing his first game in a long while. He is gutted but I've already spoken to the club to get the price of an upgrade so my brother can go instead. I can't imagine anyone's been passing off kids tickets when the age gap is that large unless they don't reckon the stewards are checking the light display on the ticket.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I would imagine that cases of deliberate fraud to get in to the ground are minimal. Are people that desperate to save a couple of quid?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Most kids don't have any form of ID.

Where they do, the parents won't casually be carrying it around with them, just in case.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It doesn’t state what form of ID. This really is a shite communication.

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
I used my Dad's senior citizen ST, a few years ago and didn't get checked. Which is mildly offensive.

Two things I should point out. I had actually paid for the upgrade but we had arrived a bit late, and couldn't be arsed to collect the new ticket. Secondly, it was the insipid Hyypia-surrender against Millwall, worst all time performance at the Amex

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
What would they do if you could not prove you were the ticket owner/purchaser? You’d be a very brave person to deny admission based on suspicion.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I used my Dad's senior citizen ST, a few years ago and didn't get checked. Which is mildly offensive.

Two things I should point out. I had actually paid for the upgrade but we had arrived a bit late, and couldn't be arsed to collect the new ticket. Secondly, it was the insipid Hyypia-surrender against Millwall, worst all time performance at the Amex

Your Dad really doesn't like you very much.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

That was an awful night, many of our fans pissed up as Christmas and virtually fighting each other over the shocking on field performance.

When I left the stadium I was totally disillusioned with all things BHAFC

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
That was an awful night, many of our fans pissed up as Christmas and virtually fighting each other over the shocking on field performance.

When I left the stadium I was totally disillusioned with all things BHAFC
Sadly I remember it like it were just a few years ago.

I believe, on here, my pithy response to the game was:-

Out thought, out fought & out played by Danny f*****g Shitu.

Barber-Out.

Diablo

NSC Patreon
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
As a family we have three adult tickets which are shared around between mainly family members but also friends. All around me there are different people week by week. If this became enforced say with facial recognition or finger print technology we would be in trouble.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Oh fab a good old fashioned Friday night Barber-Out witch hunt. :rave:

Definitely, I received an email from the club today wishing me Happy Birthday.........

My birthday is 14th December

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Definitely, I received an email from the club today wishing me Happy Birthday.........

My birthday is 14th December
Utter filth.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Yes, I imagine that's exactly what they meant. Be prepared to prove your age.

I wonder if this is a case of borderline adults going in on an junior ST without upgrading it or same for senior citizens? I think it would be a bit harder for the under/over 10 bracket as not all will have ID. A birth certificate won't prove anything so they'd need a passport I presume. Not every child will have one.

Anyway, tomorrow there will be a 44 year old next to me instead of a 13 year old. My son has flu and is missing his first game in a long while. He is gutted but I've already spoken to the club to get the price of an upgrade so my brother can go instead. I can't imagine anyone's been passing off kids tickets when the age gap is that large unless they don't reckon the stewards are checking the light display on the ticket.

Indeed.

It was obvious from the email we received that adults have been sneaking in using kiddy tickets (or geriatric tickets, if there is such a thing - actually if there is, I'm probably eligibile to apply.....there's a thought) and they are not impressed. Why would they be? ???

But anyway, let's not let facts get in the way of good meme. Barber OUT!!!!

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
I would imagine that cases of deliberate fraud to get in to the ground are minimal. Are people that desperate to save a couple of quid?

Yes. We used to do it all the time in the championship. & take a flask & snacks & unopened bottles of drinks. We were welcomed with open arms by friendly people wishing us well

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here