Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Taking your dog into shops and restaurants

Lush

Mods' Pet
Is bringing your dog into town and taking them with you round the shops and into restaurants a thing now?

Seen three times in the past two weeks - Homesense (Brighton and Chichester), and today in Moshimi. Have to say that none of them looked like assistance dogs.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
What do dog owners do when they cook and eat food at home then ?

Asking for a friend.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Sounds great. In Sweden its a definite no-no at the same level as smoking inside.

More dogs. And more smoke.

el punal

As a dog lover and owner (observe my avatar!) I am always respectful of any establishment’s rules regarding dogs being allowed, or not, on their premises. I tend to find that most pubs allow dogs and most restaurants don’t. Fair enough, in my opinion.

In my view if the establishment chooses that animals or children are not welcome then that’s their prerogative, they have their reasons. There is a pub close to where I live that does not allow dogs - I don’t go in there, instead I choose a pub that is dog friendly, I spend my money there and therefore they benefit.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Can't stand dogs in restaurants.

Also can't stand the fact that their owners seem to think that I am going to find them cute when they come up and put their nose on my table.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Dogs being permitted in restaurants, cafes and similar definitely seems to be a growing trend - something I've observed over the last year or so.

I've always considered dogs are OK in pubs (unless advised otherwise) but not restaurants.

We've got a two-year old lab and I'd not take him into any of the places we frequent, even though some do permit dogs. He's just too big and can be a bit excitable (as a 2-y-o Lab should be). As such, it's better for us, for him and for other patrons for him to remain at home.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I’d be more than happy to have more dogs in shops and restaurants and less people [emoji38]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Because when l go out for a meal l prefer to eat with humans who hopefully have table manners, not dogs.

Dogs are absolutely fine in their place and well controlled, but that isn't always the case alas.

Can't remember the last time I had an evening meal in the Greek islands when the place wasn't overrun with small kids and stray cats. Maybe I'm doing it wrong :moo:

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Our Greyhound goes everywhere around here (London Road, open market), cafes, restaurants, pubs, shops, cinema, if they don't let him in they don't get my business. He also goes to the cricket ground, holiday homes and in the cabin on the Brittany Ferry to France.

He is ultra chilled and everyone loves him.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Many people would prefer to go to a dog friendly pub than a restaurant, pubs know this and it keeps the tables full up, they need the money.
A pub overlooking the Estuary at Salcombe, The Victoria I think, is so dog friendly that they even have a dog menu.

My local Weatherspoons is full of old dogs.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Because when l go out for a meal l prefer to eat with humans who hopefully have table manners, not dogs.
Eat with? Do dogs sit at your table?

Personally I like the fact that we have a choice of places to eat, and those places make the policy that best suits them and their customers. We recently went on holiday to the west country, with the dog, so when we wanted lunch our only option was places that allowed dogs. He stayed under our table while we ate, and didn't bother anyone. There were plenty of restaurants that didn't allow dogs, for those who wanted to be sure there'd be no dogs in the same room as their food. I can't see the problem.

Dogs are absolutely fine in their place and well controlled, but that isn't always the case alas.
Like people then.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I know of several cafes that allow dogs. It can't be a hygiene problem or else these establishments wouldn't get a hygiene certificate.
So, there's a choice of dogs or no dogs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here