Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Index Thread discussion thread

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Are we going to have a poll at some time - maybe after three or four matches? - on whether we like this index thread idea or not?

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Are we going to have a poll at some time - maybe after three or four matches? - on whether we like this index thread idea or not?

Why?

If you don't like it, don't use it

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
3grf0n.jpg

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Why?

If you don't like it, don't use it

If you think about it, that's a really stupid suggestion. Like most, I come on here mainly for the football - if I want to discuss the match, or any of the relevant threads around match day, I don't have any choice but to use it.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
If you think about it, that's a really stupid suggestion. Like most, I come on here mainly for the football - if I want to discuss the match, or any of the relevant threads around match day, I don't have any choice but to use it.

You can still use any of the individual threads, you don't have to come through this one.
Who's stupid!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
You can still use any of the individual threads, you don't have to come through this one.
Who's stupid!

Certainly not me. But if I can access these threads through the main part of NSC, that's fine by me, so long as their not all corralled into this space, where you can't see if they're in a state of lively discussion or dying a death. Shan't be using this feature in future. Enjoy yourself here, and good luck.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Well, that will teach me to forget to lock one of these thread when I start it.

No offence intended, but it would have been a lot better idea if, as on the main board, you could see when the last contributions were made to the thread, and, by default, which ones were moribund, and not worth opening. I, for one, am glad that the threads are not locked in exclusively to this.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Certainly not me. But if I can access these threads through the main part of NSC, that's fine by me, so long as their not all corralled into this space, where you can't see if they're in a state of lively discussion or dying a death. Shan't be using this feature in future. Enjoy yourself here, and good luck.

I genuinely have no idea what you're talking about.

All threads related to any given fixture exist as they have always done, moving up and down the board as they are posted to (or not). Find them (or not) as you see fit.

Alternatively, if you want a quick index of threads that allows you to quickly locate and access those of interest, come to the index thread. If you don't want to do that, then just ignore the index - literally nothing has changed for you.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
But they were never going to be.

Are you drunk?
No, not drunk!

I don't know when you set up the ManU match index, but I didn't spot it or go into it until long after match day, by which time of course most of the threads had been pretty much worked out and weren't bouncing up and down page 1 any more - so at that point I assumed that the threads had been moved there, and that's where we'd have to go to find them in future.

Now that it has been explained that the threads have been copied to the index thread, rather than actually removed from the main board and moved to the index, that's fine. OK, they were never meant to be exclusively locked in the index thread - I didn't know that at the time I first replied to this thread. OK?

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
No, not drunk!

I don't know when you set up the ManU match index, but I didn't spot it or go into it until long after match day, by which time of course most of the threads had been pretty much worked out and weren't bouncing up and down page 1 any more - so at that point I assumed that the threads had been moved there, and that's where we'd have to go to find them in future.

Now that it has been explained that the threads have been copied to the index thread, rather than actually removed from the main board and moved to the index, that's fine. OK, they were never meant to be exclusively locked in the index thread - I didn't know that at the time I first replied to this thread. OK?

apology accepted.

oh

Well, that will teach me to forget to lock one of these thread when I start it.
What's the point of locking it, you'll still be able to add to the first post. This could have turned into a Gold thread! This one need adding, despite it apparently being a 'Technology' thread :)
https://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?376509-Leicester-City%92s-most-famous-supporter

I genuinely have no idea what you're talking about.

He just thought you had created a sub-board into which match-related threads would be shunted.

Now that it has been explained that the threads have been copied to the index thread, rather than actually removed from the main board...
The threads haven't been copied at all, they have simply been hyperlinked.

Last edited:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
What's the point of locking it, you'll still be able to add to the first post. This could have turned into a Gold thread!

He just thought you had created a sub-board into which match-related threads would be shunted.

The threads haven't been copied at all, they have simply been hyperlinked.
OK, hyperlinked, not copied - but essentially not moved. :thumbsup:

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
No, not drunk!

I'm clearly a bit thick too, as I thought (stupidly, it appears) that the threads had been moved to this index post.

Maybe it wasn't very well explained to us thick people!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here