Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] New Zealand v England 1st Test

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
A lot has been said about the Kookaburra ball but can somebody explain what the great difference is between that any other ball and how it will either benefit or hinder Englands chances.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Where is Bairstow ?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Sibley reminds me of someone. Can't think who. I've settled for a fusion of Chris Tavare and Peter Willey.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
NZ dropped a bollock on that feathered edge.

Nice shot from Burns for a boundary, 23-0.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Looks beautiful.......sunny, the odd cloud, imagine a few bottles of sav blanc and a cheese sandwich. I would be IN.

I'm in with that. Just on the sofa instead.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I read that it offers more swing for about 30 overs but how will this affect us?

The Duke is the swinging ball. Kooks don't offer half as much. That's why our seam bowlers are are so effective in English conditions.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Glad I have not paid to watch this, jeez 35-0 off 15 overs..... it's 1956 all over again !

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Terribly flat conditions.

52 off 20 overs for the loss of no wicket, nothing wrong with that kind of start in test cricket.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Proper Test Match cricket none of your Sunday afternoon village green stuff.

You'd never finish a match on a Sunday at this scoring rate. This must be a deliberate attempt to make The One Hundred look exciting ! Currently we have scored 50 runs off 126 balls, they must be leaving in droves.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
You'd never finish a match on a Sunday at this scoring rate. This must be a deliberate attempt to make The One Hundred look exciting ! Currently we have scored 50 runs off 126 balls, they must be leaving in droves.

You do realise that’s a normal test rate?

Sibley nicks out.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
You do realise that’s a normal test rate?

Sibley nicks out.

It used to be a normal Test rate. Mind you, New Zealand is often compared to Bournemouth in 1970 so maybe its a time continuum thing.

EDIT : PS, Is this slated as a " Timeless Test " ? Only asking , like ?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here