Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Net spending table last 4.5 years

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
ee152a20343e6056d2c4617047b0dac7.jpg

Well, looks like we backed hughton to the fkin bank!

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Is that 5th most over the past 5 seasons?

Seems hard to believe but with no sales to offset, I suppose so.

God bless Tony, that's all I can say. :albion2:

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
We had to spend a reasonable amount to consolidate in the Premier League

I expect us to slip down that table. Though there are forces working on both directions. Player inflation remains inexorable, but the graduates from the academy mean we won't have to recruit as many players. In addition I expect us to ship out a large number of players (the ones Potter wants to ship out) in the summer.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
We had to spend a reasonable amount to consolidate in the Premier League

I expect us to slip down that table. Though there are forces working on both directions. Player inflation remains inexorable, but the graduates from the academy mean we won't have to recruit as many players. In addition I expect us to ship out a large number of players (the ones Potter wants to ship out) in the summer.

I expect us to plummet down the table in years to come, as we will produce home grown talent to augment the 1st team AND to sell.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Suppose selling is the biggest factor here. Spending is relatively modest per player if you think about the number of players we have signed. Expect in years to come this will come down quite a lot especially if we move a player or 2 to a “top 6” club in years to come.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
180+ million since we come up.

And we are still looking over our shoulders at teh bottom 3.

Crazy

Moneybags Brighton

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I also think this shows just how much scope there is to get up the table by buying well.

Many of our best signings, such as Burn, Gross, Ryan have been for fairly modest amounts. Some of our well documented other signings show that you don’t get 3 or 4 times more for 15 to 20m than you do for 5m

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Beat me to it!

Since when have five negatives added up to plus £206M?

Misunderstood what the figures meant. To me it is a meaningless stat which perhaps just tells you what we already know i.e. we had to spend as we were upgrading our squad . I assumed wrongly that it was in context of income and we had over spent on our income by those amounts.

The stat though hides so much of the truth i.e.a lot of what we have bought was not very good and that our championship players were pretty good.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here