Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion scholar Laurent Tolaj, scores EIGHT goals in one international!

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I liked the look of him the very first time I saw him - in the highlights of the U-18s' pre-season friendly against Biggleswade United in July 2018.

And before anyone accuses me of after-timing:-

Biggleswade Utd v Albion U-18s

Just watched this - I think our no. 17 who scored our first two goals is the new Swiss scholar, Lorent Tolaj. I like the look of him; two-footed, knows where the goal is, not afraid to get physical (although it was probably a foul just before he scored the first!). Will watch with interest how he gets on this season.

:thumbsup:

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
In your opinion who is the bigger prospect out of Vukoje and Tolaj? Both seem to be scoring for fun lately!

I don't have an opinion on that, as I've barely seen them play. Albion don't provide any coverage of U-18 matches (either live or highlights).

I have my fingers firmly crossed that they will stream Albion's FA Youth Cup 3rd round tie (at home to Leicester City) live, which they used to do in the earlier Amex years, but the last time we had a home draw (against Newcastle United in December 2017) there was nothing so I'm not entirely optimistic.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Gotta love an out of context quote. :rolleyes:

It's certainly proving a point, just not the one intended.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Maybe after are years of producing defenders we are finally going to start bringing strikers through
We all know what the end result of that would be:-

'Where the frack have all the defenders gone?' :lol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I don't see that it shows your post to be in a much better light!

That must be because you're not smart enough.

As I'm clearly having a dig at posters x,y & z who have consistently belittled and sniped at the youth set up.
Bemoaning it's lack of end product into the first team, despite being constantly told 'it takes time'.

It's a fairly frequent mantra of mine (and many many other on here) who enjoy laughing at those going out of their way to make themselves look stupid over this issue.

I wonder why you can't see that?

That must be because you're not smart enough.

As I'm clearly having a dig at posters x,y & z who have consistently belittled and sniped at the youth set up.
Bemoaning it's lack of end product into the first team, despite being constantly told 'it takes time'.

It's a fairly frequent mantra of mine (and many many other on here) who enjoy laughing at those going out of their way to make themselves look stupid over this issue.

I wonder why you can't see that?
Because I didn't realise AZ Gull fell into the category of posters you cite.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Because I didn't realise AZ Gull fell into the category of posters you cite.
FFS I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume your attempting to match my sarcasm, but just in case you are painfully stupid:-

AZ has spent x years fending off the stupidity, on here, about youth progression.
As said a few of us are around to bail him out, yet stating 'it takes time, you nimrod' still doesn't (thankfully I guess that should now be in the past tense) stop the idiots.

In this case I was attempting to undercut the stupid by being even more stupid, taking their argument to what they see as it's logical conclusion - Play the kid or close the whole thing down.

Can you now see why deciding to pick on me and take my quote, in isolation, is taking it completely out of context and hasn't really had the effect you wanted, but has had an effect

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
So all these posts have been trying to tell me that that you were using sarcasm.
Why didn't you just say that back on #26?
:shrug:
There's me thinking you'd be writing:-

'I'm sorry I misinterpreted your post then highlighted it in an attempt to belittle you while making myself seem superior. Once again I apologise for being so mean spirited'.

I guess not, which is a shame.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I can't wait to loan him to Leeds and then sell him. :facepalm:

Not a good post for me to read while eating peanuts. I just guffawed, inhaled a peanut then blew it out of my nose and it flew across the kitchen and has now blinded the cat. :shrug:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Not a good post for me to read while eating peanuts. I just guffawed, inhaled a peanut then blew it out of my nose and it flew across the kitchen and has now blinded the cat. :shrug:

Just to let you know, Hazza, I was being sarcastic.
Using sarcasm as a way to undermine those who have spent this season suggesting the club do the same to Ben White.
My comments in no way reflect my opinion on the aforementioned player so please don't take them out of context in 6 months time.

Can I also take this opportunity to direct posters to my signature, which for the past 12 months or so has read:-

Rarely serious, frequently taken seriously.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Just to let you know, Hazza, I was being sarcastic.
Using sarcasm as a way to undermine those who have spent this season suggesting the club do the same to Ben White.
My comments in no reflect my opinion on the aforementioned player so please don't take them out of context in 6 months time.

Can I also take this opportunity to direct posters to my signature, for the past 12 months or so:-

Rarely serious, frequently taken seriously.

You don't need to explain yourself to me. Your use of wry, spry, crisp and dry comments to prick the helium-filled balloon of high-pitched nonsense is one of the great pleasures of NSC.

BTW, no cats were actually injured in my previous reply :lolol: :thumbsup:

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Looks like this lad will be the real deal , fantastic v Leicester in the 3-2 win for the U18s and looked sharp when coming on as a sub for the U23s friday night , will be interesting to watch his development .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here