Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] New Bruno Muriel

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
The artist has got some good stuff on his Twitter page https://twitter.com/glimmertwin32 , and can do good things with light and shade -

but like JMW Turner, can't really do faces...

TATE_TATE_N05511_10-001.jpg

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
I know this is the least of the worries but the mixed capitalisation and lower case lettering on the "Once A seaGull, ALways A seaGull" messes with my brain. And typing that has also probably messed with my predictive text too.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
On the up side, they might win Sky Arts portrait of the year. Because that is the kind of picture they coo over. Which is why I stopped watching, before I punched my TV.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Jesus christ this is so dogshit its funny 😂😂😂 top effort from the artist on the shittest effort going.

Reminds me when you see a dodgy copied tattoo the pro and the amateur. Did no one think to check if he was any good before. 😂😂😂

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
No wonder Bruno took the long throws, his forearms are so long.
He would look like an extra from Planet of the Apes if they were down by his side.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I’m surprised the artist left their tag, I can’t recognise that face, even the Seagull looks like a dove!

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Why is everyone assuming it's a picture of Bruno? There's no name on it. I'll concede it does a little bit like him, maybe the artist thinks that's what he'll look like if he captains the side after the zombie apocalypse?

EDIT: And where's that thread on graffiti tagging? On that thread most of us liked street art but thought random tagging defaced our lovely old buildings and is the equivalent of littering. I've just changed my mind. Come on you taggers, you know you want to.

pocketseagull

Dec 29, 2014
With practice he might get better but it's shocking that he's getting paid for his efforts in a city teeming with world class graffiti artists. :mad:

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
This atrocious artwork is by GlimmerTwin who is a street artist that does a lot of the green cable boxes around town: https://twitter.com/glimmertwin32. Please tell me someone is going to fix it up and not leave it looking like that.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
That is truly shocking. In some ways I find it quite disrespectful. Surely they could have found an artist to paint the muriel? There are some brilliant street artists in Brighton so I don't understand why they picked somebody so devoid of artistic skill or talent.

Bloody hell, it's nightmarish. I hope somebody - anybody - gets it covered up before Bruno gets to see it.

I

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here