British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I wish you and your family all the best. You must be all hurting

Best wishes

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
Thanks for all your messages. Never felt pain like this before. Have spent 16 years doing everything for him, cut food, bath time, feeding, scratching his head, back. Come in from work, and would get all the latest Albion news sitting in his usual place, giving me some gyp, which only he and I would get (Secret father son stuff that a house full of girls would not get). Often got us in to trouble, but we didn't care - take your victories where you can.

Now have a massive hole in my life, and I miss him like you would not believe. Just want him back.

Thanks NSC, somewhere to get it off my chest

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Mate, your story is an inspiration. It has me in bits this morning in Australia. So thankful for what I have and so thankful to have heard a small part of your family's story. I hope things get easier for you and you recognise the amazing things you did for your boy, don't undervalue them for a second because I am sure that he never did.

My best wishes to you and yours and please, please feel free to share more of your story on here. It will help us as it will help you.

RIP Lewis.

BF

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Because I don't know you, nor Lewis, I feel a bit like I'm intruding on your grief offering my condolences and commiserations, especially when I read all the comments before me who have expressed their thoughts (and mine) so much better than I could or have.

Looking at all the many comments on this thread shows the huge level of support you have, not just now but in the future, should you ever need it. And I can assure you that level of support will extend far greater than what is visibly expressed on here because there will be many others currently lurking silently and uncomfortably in the background who, like me, just don't know what yet to say or how to say it.

RIP Lewis

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
He was a mainstay of the Brighton Hove Albion Powerchair football team, playing for them for 8-9 years, scoring more than 170 goals in that time. He was top goal scorer in the country in 2016/17 season, qualifying for Champions League football, where BHAPFC finished 5th in Europe.

He never got to represent his country in powerchair football, which was his dream, but he was close. He did participate in a Paralympic sport called Boccia, and did qualify for England playing tournaments in Moscow and Prague. He missed out on Rio Paralympics by 1 place, finishing several years as England number 2, and GB number 4.

Firstly, please let me express my deepest sympathies to you and your family at this time. We've never met, but I don't mind admitting that it's choked me up.

Playing for the Albion in any capacity is right up there for most of us on here, let alone representing your country and being in contention at Olympic level.

As time goes by and the storms of pain and black clouds of grief pass as they will, I'm sure the happy memories will shine through.

And, what is more, they'll last. Nothing can or will take them away from you.

It's clear that Lewis did so, so much when he was with us.

As painfully short as it was, it was a life very well lived.

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Hi Guys,
Thanks for all your kind words. Just to let you know that the club are doing a little piece on Lewis at about 14:40 on the screens before tomorrows game, so if you want to join me in wishing him well feel free.
Kindest Regards,
Chris

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Hi Guys,
Thanks for all your kind words. Just to let you know that the club are doing a little piece on Lewis at about 14:40 on the screens before tomorrows game, so if you want to join me in wishing him well feel free.
Kindest Regards,
Chris

I will. But I might have something in my eye.
What a great club we have.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
See my big brother has beaten me to it but I’d like to give this a little bounce. Albion are providing tremendous support to the family and fellow powerchair players including this wonderful tribute before the game tomorrow; and a piece in the programme too. It’s going to be an extremely emotional day. Thank you Albion, for being there to help my family during our darkest days.

Thumbs-ups have topped 100 (just for the OP) ; I can't remember that happening before...
Screenshot_20191123-041134.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191123-041134.png
    Screenshot_20191123-041134.png
    325.4 KB · Views: 231

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Hi Guys,
Kindest Regards,
Chris
I'd better take some tissues.

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
Love is what I get from that post, the love of a father for his son. I read it aloud to my partner and I cracked as it really touched my heart.
You can be proud of your son's achievements as I am sure he would have been having a Dad such as you.

Oct 6, 2010
Chris,

How are you getting on? Being at the last game must have been so tough for you. Well done.
All our thoughts are very much still with you. On behalf of everybody in your lounge, and I’m sure all Albion fans everywhere.

Be strong. Hope to see you soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Thanks. Day at a time. Funeral is at Woodvale Crem on Tues at 11. Anyone who wants to be there is welcome. Starting write Eulogy which is proving hard, as was photo selections for order of service, but we are getting there

Also want to say thanks to whoever put a Brighton Flag in the memorial area at the Amex. Saying RIP Lewis.

Just miss him so much. He was my best friend as well as son.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here