• Poll closed .

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Keelo !

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I opened the thread thinking I'd be voting for Nicky Rust. Very disappointed he hasn't even made the poll.

It's a really half arsed way of picking the team of cult heroes. If it's going to get done, it should get done properly. Nicky Rust absolutely deserved his day in court and it's very disappointing he's missed out. Same with Mark Walton, largely crap, but great voice.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I opened the thread thinking I'd be voting for Nicky Rust. Very disappointed he hasn't even made the poll.

What makes Rust a cult figure? After his injury I’m not sure made even one great save in any of the games he played for us :lolol:

I’ve voted for Groucho Steele, a great keeper and a laugh too. My favourite keeper is Peter Grummit but again nothing about him that made him a cult player.

I’m surprised Stockdale hasn’t made the cut. Our most unfit pie, fishing and twitter loving keeper. He also went into business with Leon Knight. Shocking omission.

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Reading this thread again, I see people simply don't understand the concept of cult.

How can it be the FDM? As I told him in person at the centenary dinner, he is (or was at that time, the p.i.g. was subsequently better, IMEO*) our best ever keeper. Fact

*in my enormous opinion

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It's a really half arsed way of picking the team of cult heroes. If it's going to get done, it should get done properly. Nicky Rust absolutely deserved his day in court and it's very disappointing he's missed out. Same with Mark Walton, largely crap, but great voice.

Let me let you into a secret.

Some people can't resist starting a poll.

That said, some threads are USELESS without one.

Me? I prefer to start a 'post some youtube music vids' thread.

Each to his own :shrug:

Edit, the one thing most polls and most of my music threads have in common is.........brace yourself.....

They're shit. :lolol:

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Moseley to this day imo has made the best save I've ever seen by a Brighton keeper in the FA Cup Semi v Sheff Wed's, it hardly got a mention at the time but it was as good as a goal, just Brilliant, but Peter Grummit just pips it for me.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Cult wise, in all honesty none stick out to me......

In some ways Kuszczak for his celebrations in front of Palace when the third goal went in....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here