Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Article about 2009-2011 Albion away shirt

Club25Fitba

Nov 18, 2019
Hi everyone, I write weekly articles for my own wee blog about interesting football shirts, and this week I've covered the old red and black striped Errea away shirt as worn during the title-winning campaign in League One. Figured many will have fond memories of it and consider this an interesting read, hence sharing it;

https://club25football.wordpress.com/2019/11/18/brighton-hove-albion-2009-2011-away-shirt/

I'm curious to learn whether people are happy with what Nike has been doing for the club these past five seasons, or whether Errea would be welcome to return - I own 5 BHAFC kits made by Errea (and one made by Super League from the 90's), they were all mint and better than the bland Nike stuff.

20191018_142701.jpg

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Everyone whinged like stink about Errae when we had them and pleaded for mainstream kit manufacturer. Now they complain about Nike

Can't please some people

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
I remember someone rating the worst kits at the time and having this one.

I think it was BBC or 4-4-2 and they just rated it with 'Half finished stadium, half finished shirt'. Really pissed me off at the time as anyone that knew about football shouldn't have been mocking the stadium only being halfway through completion.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I'll be honest, I love us in red-and-black stripes away from home. However I never liked this kit.

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
wasn't a massive fan of this particular effort but I'd say overall I preferred the Errea efforts to what Nike have given us

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Everyone whinged like stink about Errae when we had them and pleaded for mainstream kit manufacturer. Now they complain about Nike

Can't please some people

Everyone whinged about Errea, did they?, not from my recollection. Most certainly the replica kit that they produce, is head and shoulders, better than anything that l have seen from Nike..

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
yeh I'd say most of the Errea kits were fairly popular

one issue with them, and this was probably more the club than them, was the way that the replica kits would be made available about 2 days before the season started and the club would only have about 10 of them available

but the kits themselves were generally pretty decent

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Elliott, Elliott Bennett, runs down the wing for me :albion2:

Beautiful kit and wonderful memories of some Albion legends in that kit. Inigo Calderon, Gordon Greer, Lewis Dunk, Marcos Painter, Glenn Murray, Ashley Barnes, Doug Loft, Liam Dickinson, Nicky Forster... the list goes on and on and on.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
one issue with them, and this was probably more the club than them, was the way that the replica kits would be made available about 2 days before the season started and the club would only have about 10 of them available

Plus ca change...

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Elliott, Elliott Bennett, runs down the wing for me :albion2:

Beautiful kit and wonderful memories of some Albion legends in that kit. Inigo Calderon, Gordon Greer, Lewis Dunk, Marcos Painter, Glenn Murray, Ashley Barnes, Doug Loft, Liam Dickinson, Nicky Forster... the list goes on and on and on.
Who can forget the great Liam Dickinson ???

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
The red swirl is just too big. Less of that (ideally none), and that could be a really nice away shirt. Like us in red and black away.

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
the red and black errea kit from the first couple of Withdean seasons is one of our best ever kits in my view

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I used to own the blue & yellow one that had the same design as this....generally hate but I liked it.

Also got/had the older red and black one from a few years before which looked splendid.

Not been a big fan of the Nike kits so far. To be fair, I haven't really been set on any home kit since the brightonandhovejobs kit. The black away for this season is lovely, but they can get ****ed if i'm blowing £50 on it.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Quite possibly the worst sponsor design we have had. Nice touch of WordArt.

the red and black errea kit from the first couple of Withdean seasons is one of our best ever kits in my view
I agree, but never bought one because I didn't want to walk around with a dirty great black rectangle on my back.

Indeed. I've loved all of our alternative striped offerings really, red & black, blue & black, green & black.

Green & Black... very tasty :)

Turquoise & black was also quite nice...

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here