Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Today is International Men's Day

surlyseagull

Aug 23, 2008
Didnt realise it was National Mens day ,my family didnt either.....speaks volumes really doesnt it.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
I kind of agree which is why the more reading I do, the more I start to think that Feminism and MRAs are often dangerous and divisive as they fall into the problem of looking at gender issues with one eye shut. I have long advocated the need for a gender equality movement which considers inequalities from both sides because feminism and mens rights groups have become tarnished through misandry and misogyny.

Men's international day should be an opportunity to raise issues and concerns, all it seems to do is start the mud sligning between men and women. It should not be a competition.

I think this would be a very good idea. There are some things though that are probably not possible to equalise, such as maternity issues and the choices for women, career etc, and the huge gap in high death rate occupations. http://www.inside-man.co.uk/2015/03/03/97-employees-die-work-men-2009-2014-figures/

Your right, this is not about gender, but there is a great deal of inequality between them, on both sides, that most people are not really going to want to change.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
One Suffragette died in the pursuit of women getting the vote. A few years later millions of working class men lost their lives which lead to that class of person earning the vote.

It's always been a class thing, not a gender thing.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
One Suffragette died in the pursuit of women getting the vote. A few years later millions of working class men lost their lives which lead to that class of person earning the vote.

I can't remember if you are thick a shit or not particularly funny.

Please remind me.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003

you're right about the property thing though

and to that extent you are being neither dumb of funny.

Southpaw

Nov 19, 2019
Then you have the issue of domestic abuse/violence which almost ALWAYS gets reported as something only women suffer from.
So annoys me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here