Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Who are our BHA cult heroes?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Schelotto has all the makings... too soon for him?
Hans Kraay, John Crumplin are shoe-ins.
Eric Young for me of course.. was better than he looked 'coz he looked like Bambi on ice and always losing his contact lens.
Frank Worthington - for me takes the Paddy McCourt role others have suggested.. but Vicente maybe tops even Frank.
Codner in with a shout? Left back, a toss-up for me between Chris Hutchings and Keith Dublin.. CH has more of the off-field stuff I think.. wasn't he due in court when we signed him?

Great choices! I may even add Justin Fashanu too though

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Sir Anthony Rougier. Only played half a dozen games for us at the tail end of 2002-03 but provided some rare flair in that dismal season, charging forward like a crazed rhino gone wrong and scoring twice with assorted body parts. A committed Christian, Sir Anthony featured on an Argus cut-out-and-keep prayer mat :facepalm: in an unsurprisingly unsuccessful attempt to stave off relegation.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
O'Gravy

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Florin Andone.

Edit: Oh, cult, I thought you said something else

Nov 5, 2019
Peter Ward because he was at the Goldstone when I was going there.I think the strongest mythical characters that we remember are those from our youth.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Suggestion for a more recent one...

Jiri.jpg

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Colin 'The Hawk' Hawkins

2018-05-colin-hawkins-800x445.jpg

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
i suggest you all follow the outstanding instagram account [MENTION=23140]Albion[/MENTION]cultheroes

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
by the way Ward and Zamora are categorically NOT "cult heroes"

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
Who was the player we signed and then sold (to Stoke I think) for a profit in the same window before he ever kicked a ball for the club? I keep thinking it was Paul Hardcastle but that isn’t right :lol:

not far off- it was Paul Holsgrove

signed from Stoke and sold to Hibs without playing a single minute for us

Bracknell_Gull

Jul 4, 2011
Bracknell
Surely Lee Steele is a candidate up top?

I remember having no fewer than 4 scousers come up to me on separate occasions claiming to be a mate or relative of Steeley when on holiday in Ayia Napa in my centenary shirt, all joyously proclaiming he was a maverick and a pisshead.

I know he crashed his car after a gala dinner drink driving after hitting a puddle, but were the rumours true that he also 'borrowed Micky Adams' car too?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here