Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Index Thread discussion thread

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'm clearly a bit thick too, as I thought (stupidly, it appears) that the threads had been moved to this index post.

Maybe it wasn't very well explained to us thick people!

How can it look like that - there's a single post, not many words and a series of links (to the actual threads).

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I repeat, I’m thick and old and don’t like change! ???

:whistle:

Nothing has changed.

Just ignore the index thread for the most recent and next games that is stuck and just access threads as you always have as they float up and down the board,.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
How can it look like that - there's a single post, not many words and a series of links (to the actual threads).

The fact is, it did look to some people as if the intention was that access to these threads in future would be only via the index. A little explanation that they would still be accessible via the main board might have been welcome to some - and saved a few concerns! Hey ho, all water under the bridge now - will carry on just watching for these threads to bounce up and down the main board.

The fact is, it did look to some people as if the intention was that access to these threads in future would be only via the index. A little explanation that they would still be accessible via the main board might have been welcome to some - and saved a few concerns! Hey ho, all water under the bridge now - will carry on just watching for these threads to bounce up and down the main board.
No.
It only looked that way to people who couldn't be bothered to look at that first sticky thread, you know, the one that's still there with the full explanation in it.
In fact both threads actually have the word 'thread' in the title, which I expect was so that people wouldn't think they were some sort of sub-board!

Now I see why Bozza wanted the thread locked...

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
No.
It only looked that way to people who couldn't be bothered to look at that first sticky thread, you know, the one that's still there with the full explanation in it.
In fact both threads actually have the word 'thread' in the title, which I expect was so that people wouldn't think they were some sort of sub-board!

Now I see why Bozza wanted the thread locked...
Oh stop being such a know-all. There was no 'full explanation'. Just all the threads gathered together in an index - you know, an index, the place you have to go to when you want to find things. The fact remains, whether you like it or not, some people, not lazy, and who did read the whole thing, thought that this was being set up as the new way of accessing these threads.
I hope your high horse doesn't buck.........................................

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here