Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Brighton - North Street - Possible PCN

Nick110581

Aug 2, 2011
Hi there,

Due to an emergency, I stupidly entered North Street turning in from West Street last night.

I see the Council site site says they 'may' issue a PCN. I assume cameras are 24 / 7 but not sure if monitored by a person.

Can anyone advise further on the likelihood of a fine?

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I did it once.

Got away with it

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Hi there,

Due to an emergency, I stupidly entered North Street turning in from West Street last night.

I see the Council site site says they 'may' issue a PCN. I assume cameras are 24 / 7 but not sure if monitored by a person.

Can anyone advise further on the likelihood of a fine?

My thoughts, FWIW:

If it wasn't REALLY an 'emergency' (such that the one minute you saved by not going right 200 yards up the road, actually WAS that important) then suck it up and take your medicine.

If genuinely it WAS that important (rushing somebody to A+E?) then a £50 fine is pretty inconsequential in the greater scheme of things.

If it was genuinely the latter, then have a go at appealing the penalty if it materialises. The council might just make a human judgement on it, and cancel it.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
when you have broken the law and want to weasel your way out of it, because you are above such things.

Firstly it's a civil offence and not a criminal offence. And secondly, many councils do not implement the restrictions according to the rules - and it is here that you should be able to challenge. I'll give you an example - if you enter Western Road via the clock tower end the signs tell you cars can enter after 8pm. Now drive to around Primark and there is a sign - exactly the same as the one at the clock tower entrance but without times. It doesn't indicate the restrictions have changed - and you can't turn off between the entrance and this sign. Yet the restrictions DO change - no cars are allowed past that sign. So the only way out is a U turn but only if you realise the restrictions have changed ( and there is nothing to say they have ). Some might call that entrapment. So it is ALWAYS worth challenging a council ticket as often they break the rules.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
when you have broken the law and want to weasel your way out of it, because you are above such things.

I did notice their mission statement. buy justice.JPG

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here