Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Inventions

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Of all the wonderful things created by man/woman/other , what's your all time greatest invention that's improved your life and you now wouldn't be without it .

Mine are obviously cascade swivel clips , which enable me to launch out a three hook baited clipped down rig with streamlined ease , but it's not all about me , what's yours .

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
The Omsung Phine.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
As much as I dislike their overuse, the mobile phone is a marvellous thing.
But I still find it very strange that there are many people who just can't survive unless they have it on them.
Oh and it seems to be s fashion with ladies to carry it in their back pockets with half of it poking out, that's a great idea that is.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
716lqCiJknL._SX425_.jpg

As much as I dislike their overuse, the mobile phone is a marvellous thing.
But I still find it very strange that there are many people who just can't survive unless they have it on them.
Oh and it seems to be s fashion with ladies to carry it in their back pockets with half of it poking out, that's a great idea that is.

Pleased that it is not just me that wonders that the "youth of today" (that means you Potting girls!) are happy to have around a grands worth of iPhone on display whereas daddy puts his 200 quid ("it does what I want it to do" - that really winds them up") Moto G7 hidden in the inside zip pocket of his thick coat so as even he has trouble locating and getting it out when it rings!

..Back to thread. Left handed screwdriver, sky hooks or a long weight for me :)

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
In reply to OP, I was making my own bait clips for long(ish) distance casting way before they were mass produced bits of plastic.
My all time can't do without must have....cordless tools with lithium-ion batteries. Lets see people put in screws, or cut wood with an iphone:p

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
For those of you who occasionally do the odd repair with a needle and thread but struggle to thread the needle I can thoroughly recommend one of these needle threaders. Such a simple invention but so effective. So cheap too. You can get a pack of 50 on ebay for 99p so keep a couple for yourself to guard against loss and breakage and you have another 48 to distribute amongst your family and friends as Christmas presents.

50-Pcs-Silver-Gray-Aluminum-Wire-Stitch-Insertion-Accessories-Needle-Threader-For-Hand-Sewing-Ma.jpg

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
T'Internet.

SAC

May 21, 2014
The condom. Without which I would probably have four kids instead of three.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here