Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Amex BHAFC musuem

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
So I went on the tour of the stadium today.
Really enjoyed it.
Got about 10 minutes in the musuem at the end. Nowhere near long enough as I thought it was a great little museum (though it seems someone stole my 1988 inflatable seagull and donated it...).
Is there really no other way of seeing this place without going on another tour? Seems ridiculous it's out of bounds at other times (as was told).

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
So I went on the tour of the stadium today.
Really enjoyed it.
Got about 10 minutes in the musuem at the end. Nowhere near long enough as I thought it was a great little museum (though it seems someone stole my 1988 inflatable seagull and donated it...).
Is there really no other way of seeing this place without going on another tour? Seems ridiculous it's out of bounds at other times (as was told).

I thought they said you can visit just the museum on weekday daytimes, entry by the Dick’s Bar side?

(We did the stadium tour in January, quality).

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I did the Amex tour in the early days, I'm sure the museum wasn't open then.
I definitely took my youngest lad to the museum at a later date without doing the tour.
We also went in the museum again when there was an Albion memrobilia collectors fair in Dick's Bar.

Sue1983

Aug 15, 2018
Silly then; a way to arm twist fans into spending on another stadium tour.

That would be madness though to pay for another tour just to spend another 10 minutes in the museum.

I would need around 10 tours to spend the time I would need to have a good look around.

That is not going to happen.

I think it was free to ST/members to visit the musuem. If that is not cost effective I'm sure most people would be happy to pay something just to visit the musuem.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
That would be madness though to pay for another tour just to spend another 10 minutes in the museum.

I would need around 10 tours to spend the time I would need to have a good look around.

That is not going to happen.

I think it was free to ST/members to visit the musuem. If that is not cost effective I'm sure most people would be happy to pay something just to visit the musuem.

Over to Mr Paul Barber, make it happen.

herecomesaregular

Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
The tour guide said that it used to be open and so therefore had to have someone sitting in there (as you know, sadly, some **** would steal or damage something) but they found they were sitting there for 6 hours with no visitors - I didn't even know there was a museum!
It should have been located directly accessible from the shop and open shop hours, not up some stairs.
It has some lovely stuff and been brilliantly done. I would happily pay a reasonable fee (say a fiver) to visit it (and would happily do so several times on several occasions with different people over the future years).

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
The History Man has worked so hard to set it all up, it's a shame the club can't/won't make it more accessible. I know, at one time, volunteers offered to run it, but that was turned down.
Maybe fans should make a bit more of a fuss about getting it open at set times.

herecomesaregular

Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
The History Man has worked so hard to set it all up, it's a shame the club can't/won't make it more accessible. I know, at one time, volunteers offered to run it, but that was turned down.
Maybe fans should make a bit more of a fuss about getting it open at set times.

All credit to him/them. Exceeded expectations.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here