Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] A film you adore that all hate

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
That thread was only 5 weeks ago and I think the OP has forgotten about it, which could indicate the early signs of dementia :(

Which reminds me, I forgot to post this in September

WorldAlzMonth-640x185.png

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
I have such an unreasonable affection for this movie, indeed, that it is only by slapping myself alongside the head and drinking black coffee that I can restrain myself from recommending it.

...Roger Ebert's review of 'The Core'

FindonFan

Jul 15, 2014
I thought that was an awful film. But the fact that others enjoyed it is great.
Each to his own - and so it should be.

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
I always liked 'One from the Heart' which had a very negative reception. It is a bit cheesy but I love the Tom Waits and Crystal Gayle soundtrack and Nastassja Kinski looks great.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Was going to put Waterworld but it looks like a couple of other people in the world like it too so i'll go with Dracula Untold .

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
A film you adore that all hate ?

Seeing last christmas tomorrow which the critics hate, I will give it a go

Wendy Ide in The Observer:

"It seems fitting at this point to use one of the hoariest of film criticism cliches and say that this was a film that lingered long after I left the cinema. In this case, it lingered in the form of a tension headache caused by 103 minutes of mortified wincing."

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
How the Smurf movies were never even nominated for an Oscar is beyond me.
Also King Ralph is one of the greatest films ever made.
Too many uncultured swines around who can't recognise true art when they see it.

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
Biggles and Young Sherlock Holmes both flopped in the Eighties, so I guess no one liked them. But I thought they were brilliant then and now.

Jaws 2 and Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines both made good money at the time, but seem to be disliked now. I really like them, especially Jaws 2.

Eyes Wide Shut was seen as a sorry end to Kubrick’s career but I think it’s a great piece of work.

And everyone hates Carry On England, but I think it’s great, so there!

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Four Weddings and a Funeral.

Excellent film which snide critics love to hate for some reason. Probably jealous that no-one ever invites them to anything.

Very funny film, I've watched this many times.
Looking at the thread title I don't think I've met anyone that hates this film.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Four Weddings and a Funeral.

Excellent film which snide critics love to hate for some reason. Probably jealous that no-one ever invites them to anything.

Very funny film, I've watched this many times.
Looking at the thread title I don't think I've met anyone that hates this film.

Terrible film, which has one joke that is stretched out for nearly two hours. It also seems that Hugh Grant swearing a lot will somehow increase the humour.

One of the most over-rated films ever.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Biggles and Young Sherlock Holmes both flopped in the Eighties, so I guess no one liked them. But I thought they were brilliant then and now.

Jaws 2 and Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines both made good money at the time, but seem to be disliked now. I really like them, especially Jaws 2.

Eyes Wide Shut was seen as a sorry end to Kubrick’s career but I think it’s a great piece of work.

And everyone hates Carry On England, but I think it’s great, so there!

Young Sherlock Holmes is fantastic. The Harry Potter films are twice as long, less good versions of that film

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here