Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Best keyboard players

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
We've had best drummers, guitarists and bass players, how about best keyboard players?

Dave Greenfield of The Stranglers has always been a favourite.

I'm also a fan of The Charlatans, so Rob Collins ( RIP ) and Tony Rodgers.
Jerry Dammers of The Specials.

Crispy Ambulance

May 27, 2010
Burgess Hill
Dave Greenfield was a massive inspiration when I was in my band in the 80's although we stared out doing Specials/FB3 covers before I got to improvise so I'd have to put Dammers in there. And then me, of course :lolol:

Last edited:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Haven’t we had this before, recently? Loads always pick Rick Wakeman and Jon Lord.

For me based on musical loves, rather than opting for classically trained technicians:

Dave Greenfield
Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
Brian Eno
Vangelis
Jean Michel Jarre

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
No mention for a local man (Cuckfield) Keith Hayman who is the keyboard player for Cliff Richard plus stands in for many other groups on tour.

What do you mean " no mention for " ??
Thread only started 10 minutes ago, you mean " mention for " :D you have mentioned him

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
What do you mean " no mention for " ??
Thread only started 10 minutes ago, you mean " mention for " :D you have mentioned him

I am not as much into music as many on here and he performs locally in pubs etc but with a guitar as he is not permitted to play keyboards apparently. I think, but could be wrong, that he is actually Cliff Richard director of music..

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Peter Hammill (end of thread for me, but...)
Dave Sinclair (Caravan, Matching Mole)
Jan Hammer (Mahavishnu Orchestra)
George Duke (Mothers of Invention)
Ronan Harris (VNV Nation)
Keith Emerson
Dave MacRae (Matching Mole)
Bryan Erikson (Velvet Acid Christ)
Elton John
Tony Banks (Genesis)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I am not as much into music as many on here and he performs locally in pubs etc but with a guitar as he is not permitted to play keyboards apparently. I think, but could be wrong, that he is actually Cliff Richard director of music..

Christ on a bike. You are only 10 years older than me but sometimes it's like 'meet the ancestors' :facepalm:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

I'm confused now, why isn't permitted to play keyboards in pubs? :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here