Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Songs featuring bagpipes

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018

The used to busk down the end of my road... we also used to let them in free to our reggae parties often, as we knew they had no money.
One year, they said, would you support us for an event in Stanmer Park... we will give you 100 quid.. we were surprised and said yeah sure..
Think there was something like 7000 in the park by the end of the day, we had no clue they had become famous haha

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I heard/read that the bagpipers were paid £200 each. Of course, that would have been agreed before the recording, but they should have negotiated something like £100 plus a small percentage of the sales.

They were paid the standard rate and McCartney gave them that bonus when it went to number 1. Could have been more generous perhaps but he does do a fair bit for the community up there.

Great choice. You should listen to some of his other stuff too:clap2:

Preaching to the converted, liked his stuff from when "Guitar Town" emerged and quite enjoy the music of his two musical offspring. Never had the privilege of seeing him live though. I kinda guess you quite like his stuff too :)

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I heard/read that the bagpipers were paid £200 each. Of course, that would have been agreed before the recording, but they should have negotiated something like £100 plus a small percentage of the sales.
A young soldier (or sojer in Scottish) once approached my then girlfriend in a bar in Edinburgh and explained that as he was also a million selling rock star, and would she like to sleep with him. She politely declined (well, possibly not terribly polite), at which he looked somewhat downcast and sadly walked away saying, "But ah wis yin o' they pipers playin' ra bagpipes on Mull o' Kintyre, ye ken".
Perhaps he got lucky with somebody else later on!

A little OT but a nice "feelgood" story of a bagpipes nature from the BBC of the type that, briefly, makes you think that the world is not necessarily such a bad place!

[video]https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/stories-50100938/playing-the-bagpipes-is-the-perfect-way-to-honour-the-teachings-of-his-hindu-guru[/video]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here