Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Talktalk

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
I’m going through the same situation- I have setup a new email account with gmail and setup the forwarder option with talk talk- I’m guessing that will stop once/if my account gets closed on 15th December? Other than that I’ve just contacted my utility companies etc and informed them of my new email address

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I’m going through the same situation- I have setup a new email account with gmail and setup the forwarder option with talk talk- I’m guessing that will stop once/if my account gets closed on 15th December? Other than that I’ve just contacted my utility companies etc and informed them of my new email address

I found TalkTalk continued to send emails for another couple of weeks after we left.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
As with Durrington Gull we have been given 15th December as the cut off date. I understand that I can, after sorting out what I may need, forward them to my outlook address, but I am not sure how many there may be. I was hoping that I could just copy or save them as they are to a USB. I thought perhaps to empty the recycle bin, then send the e mails to the recycle bin then copy that to a USB as I know that I can copy and save the recycle bin. We left TalkTalk for Vodafone over 12 months ago but wasnt aware of their latest developments until recently.

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
Back on track:

Anxiety was bringing me down
I'm tired of listening to you talking in rhymes
Twisting around to make me think you're straight down the line

RIP Mark

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I thought perhaps to empty the recycle bin, then send the e mails to the recycle bin then copy that to a USB as I know that I can copy and save the recycle bin.
I take it back - you do have a comic persona. :clap2:

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
As with Durrington Gull we have been given 15th December as the cut off date. I understand that I can, after sorting out what I may need, forward them to my outlook address, but I am not sure how many there may be. I was hoping that I could just copy or save them as they are to a USB. I thought perhaps to empty the recycle bin, then send the e mails to the recycle bin then copy that to a USB as I know that I can copy and save the recycle bin. We left TalkTalk for Vodafone over 12 months ago but wasnt aware of their latest developments until recently.

Bg do you mean forward them to your outlook.com web email address? Or do you have outlook installed as well or instead on your computer.
Talk of copying them to your recycle bin is a bit out there and probably why people think you might be taking the mick. That wouldnt be the most suitable way of doing what you need, theres lots of others though. Even just forward them all to your outlook address or do what thunderbolt said is ok. Theres lots of ways, mostly already mentioned

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Bg do you mean forward them to your outlook.com web email address? Or do you have outlook installed as well or instead on your computer.
Talk of copying them to your recycle bin is a bit out there and probably why people think you might be taking the mick. That wouldnt be the most suitable way of doing what you need, theres lots of others though. Even just forward them all to your outlook address or do what thunderbolt said is ok. Theres lots of ways, mostly already mentioned

All I want is the emails on a USB, rather than my outlook address, so that I can insert it to read them if needed and not clutter up that account.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011

20 years ago, I did have a guy at work who got upset that all of his saved emails had disappeared. He had been using his recycling bin for storing all the important emails he wanted to keep.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
20 years ago, I did have a guy at work who got upset that all of his saved emails had disappeared. He had been using his recycling bin for storing all the important emails he wanted to keep.

The difference being that I would only use the recycle bin for the time it takes to copy it to a USB. There must be simple way to do it without sending them all to my outlook address where they still wouldnt be saved on a USB.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
The difference being that I would only use the recycle bin for the time it takes to copy it to a USB.

You have been given the answer twice on this thread by others. You need an email client such as Thunderbird which will download the emails onto your PC. If you really want them on USB after that then you can.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Are you saying that there is no way to just save them on a USB? If that is so I will download Thunderbird, which I would never use for anything else, and do it that way.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
I used to have Talk Talk broadband but I changed to another provider but in so doing kept my talktalk e mail address. I have now had notification that from 15th December Talk Talk are going to charge for anybody having an e mail adress but not broadband. How can I save all of my TalkTalk E mails, should I need them.

BT Said the same to me I told them to do one, they said they would delete my e.mail account. I left them 2 years later my BT email account is still going. The wanted something like £8 a month for me to keep it, :ohmy::D Tell them you are a vulnerable old person and no way should they do that . Also make sure the Direct Debit / Standing order is cancelled by YOU (not just them) so they cant access it.

Oh yes, can you not make a new folder on your out email (outlook) whatever you use account select all and either copy and paste all emails or select move to folder.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
I just gone on to Microsoft Outlook my email program,

I right clicked on email and clicked on ARCHIVE then looked at all folders checked Archive and there was the email i selected :)

Result is whoever supplies your email is irrelevant as long as you keep email program.
oh and if you do delete them you can restore them. As long as they are NOT deleted from the recycle bin as well.

This may get a bit tricky!

There is a way to move a lot at a time but its a little more difficult if you do have a (select all) feature.
I only tried this on OUTLOOK.

Last edited:

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I just gone on to Microsoft Outlook my email program,

I right clicked on email and clicked on ARCHIVE then looked at all folders checked Archive and there was the email i selected :)

That would be the Outlook software. He has an Outlook email account which is different. I'm going shopping so hopefully someone more patience will get involved with what a mail client is an how it works in this instance.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
All I want is the emails on a USB, rather than my outlook address, so that I can insert it to read them if needed and not clutter up that account.

Yes but you arent answering simple questions to help people try and help you, like are you using a web browser to access your talktalk emails or do you have an email program connected to it. I honestly think that its worth finding someone local to you, bite the bullet and pay someone for support for some of these questions. 10 out of 10 for trying each time though but this is way way more simple than some of your cult IT questions.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
That would be the Outlook software. He has an Outlook email account which is different. I'm going shopping so hopefully someone more patience will get involved with what a mail client is an how it works in this instance.

Can I come shopping with you? Couldn't be arsed to read the whole lot, I tried to help BG on several occasions in past. Never got any sort of thanks mate.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Yes but you arent answering simple questions to help people try and help you, like are you using a web browser to access your talktalk emails or do you have an email program connected to it. I honestly think that its worth finding someone local to you, bite the bullet and pay someone for support for some of these questions. 10 out of 10 for trying each time though but this is way way more simple than some of your cult IT questions.

I have Vodafone Broadband and use Google Chrome as my browser and to access my e mails just log into TalkTalk.co.uk then click on mail which stores my email address and password then up comes the emails. I do appreciate the help that people offer but sometimes do not always understand the questions asked when they go into technical terms. I do not know what an e mail programme is.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I have Vodafone Broadband and use Google Chrome as my browser and to access my e mails just log into TalkTalk.co.uk then click on mail which stores my email address and password then up comes the emails. I do appreciate the help that people offer but sometimes do not always understand the questions asked when they go into technical terms. I do not know what an e mail programme is.

If only you had a grandson who could help you.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here