Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] The Mandalorian, your thoughts please.

Mortdecai

Aug 6, 2009
Kirkkonummi, Finland
Just the other morning I watched the pilot episode and to be honest I thoroughly enjoyed it.
It seems that Disney may have finally found a viable series to expand the Star Wars francise.
It certainly seems a strange time to release it but I suppose that it has been done to distance themselves from the final offering in the Skywalker saga which by all accounts is utter garbage. It appears that they wanted to quickly turn the page and start something new.

At around 36 mins it was a bit short but you soon got the idea of a western style sci fi with great visuals.

Your thoughts please.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Just the other morning I watched the pilot episode and to be honest I thoroughly enjoyed it.
It seems that Disney may have finally found a viable series to expand the Star Wars francise.
It certainly seems a strange time to release it but I suppose that it has been done to distance themselves from the final offering in the Skywalker saga which by all accounts is utter garbage. It appears that they wanted to quickly turn the page and start something new.

At around 36 mins it was a bit short but you soon got the idea of a western style sci fi with great visuals.

Your thoughts please.

Might I ask how one could watch it if, hypothetically, you don't subscribe to Disney+ in the US? I really want to watch it!

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Might I ask how one could watch it if, hypothetically, you don't subscribe to Disney+ in the US? I really want to watch it!

If you subscribe to a VPN service such as Nord VPN, one could - hypothetically of course - select a USA location to use ideally from a laptop (and HDMI into your telly) which would then present content from the USA. Some US services, such as NBC Sports which also show Premier League football, accept payment via Paypal to access the service which does not require address information, just an email address.

Disney+ is $69.99 for a year. Assuming they also accept paypal & do not require address information (I genuinely have no idea if they do or they don't) one could use the same method.

I'm sure there are other ways using IPTV.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
If you subscribe to a VPN service such as Nord VPN, one could - hypothetically of course - select a USA location to use ideally from a laptop (and HDMI into your telly) which would then present content from the USA. Some US services, such as NBC Sports which also show Premier League football, accept payment via Paypal to access the service which does not require address information, just an email address.

Oh if only Canadian DAZN were that simple

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
How do people already know that the final Star Wars film is garbage? And how did Disney know it was going to be crap so far in advance, that they made something else, but not far enough in advance to try and fix the Star Wars film?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

I think the timing is a lot more to do with giving Disney+ original new content at launch.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
How do people already know that the final Star Wars film is garbage? And how did Disney know it was going to be crap so far in advance, that they made something else, but not far enough in advance to try and fix the Star Wars film?

Indeed. What a load of bollocks.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
How do people already know that the final Star Wars film is garbage? And how did Disney know it was going to be crap so far in advance, that they made something else, but not far enough in advance to try and fix the Star Wars
film?

Because every Star Wars film since 'Return of the Jedi' has been absolute dogshit.

Ah, opinions presented as facts... We live in interesting times.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1

Your thoughts please.

I am a part time SW fan, by no means a geek on the subject but I thoroughly enjoyed this, really well done and worked well as a shorter episode.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Signed up for Disney + yesterday - it's a good deal for the content and for some reason they were offering a one off 10% discount because of the cable provider I use in New York

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Wilko;9137396[B said:
]I am a part time SW fan[/B], by no means a geek on the subject but I thoroughly enjoyed this, really well done and worked well as a shorter episode.

You're a Sheffield Wednesday fan? You openly admit it????

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here