Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Sheffield Wednesday

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Heavy points deduction on the cards here.

Will hopefully act as a deterrent to other owners .

Oh yes and .... hahahahahaha

Winker

CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE
Jul 14, 2008
The Astral Planes, man...
Who is this Kieran Maguire character quoted in the article?

"... provided they can manufacture a MASSIVE :lol: amount of evidence in their defence, then I think they could get away with it"

(allegedly paraphrased etc).

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Who is this Kieran Maguire character quoted in the article?

"... provided they can manufacture a MASSIVE :lol: amount of evidence in their defence, then I think they could get away with it"

(allegedly paraphrased etc).

Turned on 5 live on the way home from work and heard some DULLARD banging on about this. Only joined half way through so did not hear if he mentioned how massive Wednesday are. It would be disappointing if he didn't.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Nothing like a nice round of points deductions to cheer you through the winter gloom

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Didn’t Derby do exactly the same, lawyers will be all over that I would imagine.

Yes, and Villa.

As did Leicester the first season it came into force, if l remember correctly.

Also our friends from up the road in Reading

Isn't the issue with Wednesday that they sold the ground in one financial year, but reported it in another? Whereas with Derby it's "just" selling the ground to themselves which is the issue.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Lovely to see Karma though:

1. Derby and Massive’s cheating failed. They never made it to the PL.
2. Which meant that the huge prohibited overspends by Mel Morris and Chansiri, ended up simply being countless £10m’s of their own money poured down the drain, all for nothing.
3. Similarly Tony Fernandes never got cheating QPR back to the promised land, all in all he lost incredible personal sums.

These bent accounting moves only reap dividends if the club gets to the PL (Villa).

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Isn't the issue with Wednesday that they sold the ground in one financial year, but reported it in another? Whereas with Derby it's "just" selling the ground to themselves which is the issue.

At a greatly inflated value. I don’t think Derby et al have heard the last of it.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
How is possible to prove that "Wednesday will have to simply provide evidence that the transaction was undertaken at arm's length, at market prices"? Slip a wedge to a surveyor and Bob's Your Uncle, surely?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here