Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] I've gone a bit vegan

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
Still struggling to find a decent milk alternative for coffee/tea. Currently on hemp seed milk, which isn’t cutting it (too watery), next stop Oatly Barista, I think Rude Health do a Barista as well, although they’re both pretty pricey. Any suggestions most welcome.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Still struggling to find a decent milk alternative for coffee/tea. Currently on hemp seed milk, which isn’t cutting it (too watery), next stop Oatly Barista, I think Rude Health do a Barista as well, although they’re both pretty pricey. Any suggestions most welcome.

drink black coffee or green tea.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control

Oat should be alright. Also, as my small brain understands it, it's by far the most sustainable option

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade

With coffee I find most nut based milks are lovely. Oat and almond usually. Not the case with tea however but i've developed a taste for having it black. I've heard rice milk works ok? Has anyone tried it in tea?

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Sounds like that hit a vegan nerve :whistle:

The only ‘nerve’ you hit is the frustration that I don’t get a £ each time a meat makes thinks they’re clever for making that “joke”. I’d be a rich man, especially if I also got a £ for every time a meat said “but bacon tho...” or I get asked where I get my protein from :mad:

Endus

Feb 17, 2020
My entire life revolved around food. Going somewhere last minute? Gotta bring vegan snacks. Going out with friends for dinner? Have to play the "can I eat this?" game. Every day was deciding what to eat or cook or buy. I met a meat eater, slowly went from vegan to vegetarian to meat eater. I don't regret it, I have significantly more free time now.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I think the vegan way is the right way but I’m on the slow road there, perhaps I’ll arrive by the next decade.

I’ve long since knocked red meat (mammals) on the head and hope to quit all other land based animals this year or next.

The toughies will be cheese, milk (although I’m warming to oat milk in drinks etc) but also fishy fish fish. I had sardines tonight, packed with wonderful Omega 3. It’s going to take a long time for me to give up my fishy little treats!

In the words of Cobain:

“Underneath the bridge
The tarp has sprung a leak
And the animals I've trapped
Have all become my pets
And I'm living off of grass
And the drippings from the ceiling
But it's okay to eat fish
'Cause they don't have any feelings.”

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here