Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Finance] Which bird will you be roasting this Christmas time?

Which bird will you be roasting this Christmas?

• Turkey

Votes: 55 62.5%
  • Pheasant

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Partridge

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • Chicken

Votes: 6 6.8%
  • Goose

Votes: 8 9.1%
  • Guinea Fowl

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Nut Roast

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Pigeon

• Duck

• Woodcock

• Multi Bird Roast

Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Another Bird

Votes: 4 4.5%

• Total voters

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
'Game', as always

5c1bf5a3bde70f435846d474-960-720.jpg

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Going to my elderly parents for lunch.....they’re not well enough to travel but apparently mum is well enough to cook for 8 of us.....

I’ve ordered a forerib of beef (bone in) to cook and take with us though. That dry old turkey **** can **** off.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Four ribs of fore-rib would suit me nicely

Canfan

Nov 8, 2014
Beyond Hope
Is that a Scottish recipe?

Absolutely not, more of a North American thing.
The turkey fryer is my new toy. I've practiced a couple of times and am now confident it will turn out OK on Christmas Day.
Inject the bird with marinade and deep fry it. Only takes about 40 minutes or so for a 15lb turkey and in both my test runs so far it has turned out great. Not greasy at all.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Turkey crown

Probably one of these as there will only be the two of us on the day, no bones to avoid or wastage. Mrs. CS & I are going down to her brother's for our real festivities a couple of days later. Presumably we will all be tucking into a bigger bird then.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
The turkey fryer is my new toy. I've practiced a couple of times and am now confident it will turn out OK on Christmas Day.
Inject the bird with marinade and deep fry it. Only takes about 40 minutes or so for a 15lb turkey and in both my test runs so far it has turned out great. Not greasy at all.

We did exactly that when visiting my wife's American cousin for Thanksgiving a couple of years ago. As you say the meat was so succulent, and despite being deep fried, absolutely no grease at all. I really enjoyed it.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
And now I've got that off my chest ….. probably a multi-bird roast or guinea fowl for us this year.

Although we're not allowed to discuss the C word in our house until after my youngest son's birthday on the 19th Nov - and rightly so !

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Christmas Day is for relaxing and having fun, not a day to spend in the kitchen trying to produce Michelin star food.
Everything, as usual will be oven ready from somewhere like M&S or Waitrose and I mean everything, put it in the oven and carry on.
Not decided what the meat will be yet but a medium Turkey crown, pre basted and stuffed etc etc will do fine.

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun

Although my response to you was actually a tongue in cheek jibe at the Scottish tendency to deep fry anything and everything in batter you have actually educated me regarding an interesting piece of kitchen kit I had never heard of. Is it one of those things that deep fries it at such a temperature that the oil basically can't contaminate the food?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here