Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Finance] Which bird will you be roasting this Christmas time?

Which bird will you be roasting this Christmas?

• Turkey

Votes: 55 62.5%
  • Pheasant

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Partridge

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • Chicken

Votes: 6 6.8%
  • Goose

Votes: 8 9.1%
  • Guinea Fowl

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Nut Roast

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Pigeon

• Duck

• Woodcock

• Multi Bird Roast

Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Another Bird

Votes: 4 4.5%

• Total voters

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
With the price of turkeys soaring will you still be a traditionalist or will you be roasting something more exotic this Christmas time??

???

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Manchester United's most famous supporter!

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
image-6-for-cash-queens-18-11-11-gallery-822392597.jpg

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
You can't not have turkey at Christmas can you?

I eat so little meat these days (never red meat) as the world needs us to cut down but I would struggle not to have turkey on Christmas Day.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
[MENTION=34997]Your Mum[/MENTION]

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I had a conversation with my butcher this morning about turkey, (the bird) it’s going to be a lot more expensive this year, wholesale price for him is up 20%.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
:flypig: As unicorn isn't available yet,we will be having Gammon,with turkey crown and pork.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I emailed a psychologist from my workplace a few years back, who had lost proof of his registration. I said i can email you over a screenshot from our website if you like, from an official email address, which he accepted the offer of. What i did not do, though, was separate the page from the others i was looking at. So he got his necessary proof, but also an NSC tab at the top of the screen saying a trimmed version of what this one does - Which bird will you be roasting...

He didn't complain or respond, so hopefully it was smirked at and ignored, but a valuable lesson was learned.

Whosh51

Aug 27, 2014
Plenty of good British game available at this time of year pheasant and partridge natural free range very healthy.
Well worth eating and much cheaper than a turkey, lots of good recipes, give it a try.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Organic turkey from canhams in Hove, stuffed with Italian chestnuts from greengrocer in George street. Classy, yes I know. The chestnuts cost over £15 because you need 7 lbs of them but worth every penny.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
My gf has threatened me with fecking Carp, so it's whatever they cook in the British themed bars.
It's bad enough that they celebrate Christmas on the 24th. A bottom feeding fish, for Christmas Dinner that tastes of mud is a step too far

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here