Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The England game tonight

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I bought tickets ages ago. (god knows why they sell them so far in advance). But various members of our group have dropped out, mainly due to the fact it's a thursday night and Wembley is an arse to go to. I suspect that although they've sold a lot many might make the same decision.

I now find myself not bothered either.

They are trialling the mobile tickets tonight which they used at the Nations League games, so will be interesting to see if anyone gets in. It worked well for us in Porto to be fair. In the old days of printed tickets I would have passed these on, but with each individual ticket on each individuals mobile this is now an arse to do.

Anyone else going? Anyone bothered?

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I don't usually miss an England game at Wembley but I'll be watching it tonight in the Ship.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
1,000th game so quite a memento and one to tell the grandkids about for those lucky enough to be going tonight.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
I'm not going but I am bothered . I've followed England for so long I can't not be up for it . I copied this from BBC.

"England only need one point from their final two games to qualify. Even if they lose their first game, against Montenegro on 14 November, they will qualify if the Czech Republic beat Kosovo on the same day. A win in that game would also take the Czechs through.

Even if England and the Czech Republic lose, an England point in Kosovo in the final game would take them to Euro 2020.

Kosovo - who have a play-off place guaranteed in March through the Nations League - would qualify for their first ever major tournament if they win both games."

NB. I read that we are led to expect a young team.. Hope he knows what he is doing ???

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I'm not going but I am bothered . I've followed England for so long I can't not be up for it . I copied this from BBC.

"England only need one point from their final two games to qualify. Even if they lose their first game, against Montenegro on 14 November, they will qualify if the Czech Republic beat Kosovo on the same day. A win in that game would also take the Czechs through.

Even if England and the Czech Republic lose, an England point in Kosovo in the final game would take them to Euro 2020.

Kosovo - who have a play-off place guaranteed in March through the Nations League - would qualify for their first ever major tournament if they win both games."

NB. I read that we are led to expect a young team.. Hope he knows what he is doing ???

Good man

I like the see someone rise above the gloom fashionable indifference and get behind their country.

UEFA and FIFA do need to look at qualification though. This has been the dullest qualification I can ever remember seeing.

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
I will be going, downloading the tickets to the phone has worked so far for our group, lets hope it all works at the ground. It looks identical to the way they did games in the Nations Cup finals in Portugal, lets hope it works better than that to actually get in the ground. Tickets should be easy to pass on to mates as long as they download the App. We took 4 tickets from mates for the Portugal v Holland Nations cup final and they all worked fine.

Off to Kosovo tomorrow morning, shame we have such a small allocation. I am amazed that the tickets for that game are only £5.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I might watch it on TV, frankly never been that bothered. never been to an England game, and don't think I ever will.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
No interest at all. All national competitions set up so big teams have every chance to get through so most games until quarter finals foregone conclusions

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Don't get me wrong I am very bothered for England. Desperate to see them win a trophy in my lifetime. I went to Porto and then to Prague recently, but as I am now facing billy no mates plus the pain of getting to Wembley tonight I have lost a bit of enthusiasm for tonight itself.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I have a ticket if anyone wants to take it off my hands. Want to go but not feeling well today. 30 quid ticket but you can make me a cheaper offer as I do not want to see it go to waste. Can email it to you. PM if interested.

GREASED WEASEL

Dec 10, 2017
We're obviously get the point we need tonight

But I think South gate will make wholesale changes for Kosovo and we're get turned over

Don't rate South gate,would like to see frank lampard replace him and I think he will one day

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Oh I DO enjoy a thread where people feel the need to tell us they don't watch England games.

I don't watch Coronation Street

oh, actually that was quite fun.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Oh I DO enjoy a thread where people feel the need to tell us they don't watch England games.

I don't watch Coronation Street

oh, actually that was quite fun.
tbf that was pretty much the point of the OP. If it's on terrestrial I will probably watch it, if on Sky then the element of choice is removed :thumbsup:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Thursday night really is a terrible night for football.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
There's something about being in the Premier League that seems to sap my enthusiasm for England and international football. And it's not as if we have a bad side.

I think having 8 less league matches than the Championship means you feel the gap that the international break brings a lot more. Importantly, being a Prem side means players away on international duty and the inevitable injuries and fatigue that follow.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
There's something about being in the Premier League that seems to sap my enthusiasm for England and international football. And it's not as if we have a bad side.

I think having 8 less league matches than the Championship means you feel the gap that the international break brings a lot more. Importantly, being a Prem side means players away on international duty and the inevitable injuries and fatigue that follow.

I agree. I'd also add that it's now possible to go to Albion games and see the likes of Kane, Sterling, Rashford etc. first hand rather than the only chance being on the TV, which I think dents it a little more. If more top England players played abroad (which is never going to happen) it might be different.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here