Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] What was your favourite car

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
So we know your first one but which would you single out as your favourite

I got £200 when I sold my rapidly dissolving Alfa Romeo boat tail spider, now worth a fortune but not in the condition mine was in. Loved that car although it was broken down as often as it ran. Every long journey had a mechanical drama of some sort, be it head gasket, clutch, electrical fault...but so beautiful to look at even when broken down :smile:

Once our son arrived I had to go sensible to a Volvo Amazon 122

https://www.shannons.com.au/auction...national-motor-show-auction/qep3br748di18m2m/

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
CAB30VWC081A0804.jpg

Did 100K miles in it, never had a day's trouble. Went like shit off a shovel.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
mazda-rx-8-m-02.jpg

My Mazda RX-8, which I had for about 3 years, sort of 2007–2010ish.

It was a joy to drive, but drank oil and petrol, and ultimately became too costly to run.

A year or so after I sold it, I passed its new owner coming out of a carpark, and my heart broke a little bit. :(

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
My favourite was a short back Vauxhall Fontera a complete beast. A Golf smashed in the back of it which was a write off the Fontera had a broken tail light.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I'm torn between two;
9000aero.jpg
Saab 9000 Aero. Big, comfortable, very quick.
IMAG0004.jpg
Suzuki Jimny. Slow, small, tremendous fun on green lanes and off road.

I would own another of either in a heartbeat

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I don't get attached to cars, my favourite is always my latest one, due to the advancements in technology.

Virtually everytime its why would you want that in a car, and then when you get that in your car, my view changes to can't do without that.

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
1988 Ford Sierra 2.0i GLS in Metallic silver, it was 3 years old when I bought it with 50000 on the clock. Fantastic gearbox, great handling, comfortable and more than fast enough for me. Some car critics nicknamed the Sierra "The jelly mould" when it came out, but I loved it, and when I sold it in 1996 there wasn't any rust on it (mind you it was a German built model not a Dagenham dustbin).

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Early 70's I had an Viva something or other, reg number WLD568G. Had OHC on the back so went faster!!!
I've still got my mid life crisis boys toy, Astra Convertible in Horizon Blue with the full Irmscher kit (spoilers and big tyres).
Now it's a Land Rover and I've no 'feelings' to it, it's just a car.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
crushed-cars-in-scrap-yard-uk-DTBTKE.jpg

:lol: only joking petrolheads :kiss:

I've not thought about Triumph Herald's for a bazillion years, until the 'garage finds' thread.
That said they also had a 2 seater Merc which probably edges it:-

mercedes-benz-190-sl--freshly-restored-327362972-1.jpg

But for real world cars.
As far as I'm concerned the money Toyota threw at rallying in my formative years, esp the Celica GT4, was worth every penny.

toyota-celica-S3926207-2.jpg

32332592_2559907834233540_2137500232743649280_n.jpg

Oh sorry misread the title.

The only decent car I ever owned was

Mk2-MR2-2nd-gen-front-view.jpg

Which makes my answer quite simple.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Audi Quattro Turbo

Bought one of these for £2500 in 1994. It needed a lot of work on the engine which in the end I couldn't afford and so sold it for the same amount a year or so and a few grand later.It had been worked on by a guy who new a lot about cars but didn't buy genuine parts.
With hindsight, I should have bought one from a dealer at a higher price but without the problems (like wrong pistons fitted!!)
Whilst looking for a photo of one, I saw an example that fetched over £70K in 2017.........if only:(
I had owned an Audi 80GT coupe for a few years before this car and loved it bit the quattro was awesome to drive when it worked.

car.PNG

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
My favourite car was the one I got after passing my test in the late seventies.
It was a 1970 MK 2 1600e Cortina.
I had a mate who owned a garage and had a spray shop in Patcham.
We lowered the front suspension and jacked up the rear - fitted front and rear spoilers.
Resprayed it jet black and put wide Kelly Springfield tyres on.
Problem was I got stopped by the police on a regular basis and knocked the front spoiler off every time I went over a bump.:dunce:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
My favourite car was the one I got after passing my test in the late seventies.
It was a 1970 MK 2 1600e Cortina.
I had a mate who owned a garage and had a spray shop in Patcham.
We lowered the front suspension and jacked up the rear - fitted front and rear spoilers.
Resprayed it jet black and put wide Kelly Springfield tyres on.
Problem was I got stopped by the police on a regular basis and knocked the front spoiler off every time I went over a bump.:dunce:

Not much room for tools and materials :moo:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here