Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] John Lewis Christmas Ad

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
To be honest, adverts ruined the ant and dec dna thing the other day. 5 minutes adverts and 10 minutes show over an hour and a half.

We ended up recording it ( the second show) and watch3d it by winding through the ads.

Its standard procedure in our house if the show is an hour+. Anything on ITV or Sky is just a relentless ADFEST, and so must either be recorded, or live-paused in prep. Its essential when viewing IACGMOOH, as what with the ad breaks and then the voting plugs, you're burning about 20-25 minutes of dead air in a 60 minute show.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
It's a sad world we live in where an annual supermarket TV advert is viewed as being an essential part of Christmas while at the same time Food Banks are doing increasing business without the need to advertise.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
We record everything.
Hint. Most stations have a sponsor, Jeep is one, so fast forward speed X30 until the ads change to 'coming soon' stuff so slow down to X12 and wait for the Jeep and hit play. I've got it down to a fine art.
Oh, and this JL ad is the worst but may grow.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Because in 30yrs you can look back and remember them fondly.

“Will it be mushrooms, fried onion rings, we’ll have to wait and see...”

See, you had a little smile to yourself then, didn’t you.

After the coma all those years ago i'd have a decade or so of remembering things but not being sure of what they were. I was singing a tune at work on a daily basis for a while before it finally coming to me that it was a Bodyform advert melody. Rollerskating was carried out in the ad itself, i recall.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
True, but in those days there were only 3 or 4 channels so you pretty much HAD to sit through them, or switch over to some boring news or educational programme on the BBC. Plus the fact that with no remote control, it was all far too much effort anyway. So you were stuck.

Nowadays an ad break = a flick around the channels, or a perusal of FB/Twitter on the phone or tablet. Or you Sky+ it and start watching the programme 15 minutes in so that you can fast-forward past all the dreck. Basically ANYTHING to avoid just sitting there staring at ads with the glazed, blank expression of a cow in a barn chewing cud.

Then there's the oddballs who actually go to the effort of searching these ads on YouTube specifically to watch them. And end up sitting through some ads - to watch an ad. And we wonder why this entire planet has now gone FUBAR.

#harrumph

So...it's a no from you then?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
After the coma all those years ago i'd have a decade or so of remembering things but not being sure of what they were. I was singing a tune at work on a daily basis for a while before it finally coming to me that it was a Bodyform advert melody. Rollerskating was carried out in the ad itself, i recall.

WHHHOOAAAAAA BODYFO-HOOORM
BODYFORM FOR YOUUUUUUUU

I also have an earworm for an old Whiskers ad, where a cat just goes

"miaow miaow miaow, miaow mioaw mioaw miaow, miaow miao miaow miaow MIAOW miaow mioaw miaow"

Stuck with it now.
:facepalm:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I like it, and it may grow on me, but not as good as the bear and the hare one or the snowman one. Probably on par with the moon man one. Decent but didn't get the tears flowing. I may be grumpy because I haven't had a cheese football yet.

bobbab5

Sep 5, 2003
Ely, Cambs.
BODYFORM FOR YOUUUUUUUU

"miaow miaow miaow, miaow mioaw mioaw miaow, miaow miao miaow miaow MIAOW miaow mioaw miaow"

Stuck with it now.

That was Miaowmix I believe.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I like it, and it may grow on me, but not as good as the bear and the hare one or the snowman one. Probably on par with the moon man one. Decent but didn't get the tears flowing. I may be grumpy because I haven't had a cheese football yet.
This is my thoughts exactly.

Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
BODYFORM FOR YOUUUUUUUU

Stuck with it now.

:)
That's the one. Channel 4 in the mornings that tended to be in, during the Big Breakfast.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

I tried those myself, still couldn't rollerskate or ride a Horse.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Grandson already wants an 'Edgar',to sit alongside Kevin the Carrot and family.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
To be honest, adverts ruined the ant and dec dna thing the other day. 5 minutes adverts and 10 minutes show over an hour and a half.

We ended up recording it ( the second show) and watch3d it by winding through the ads.

I love the fact you said “winding through the ads”, as I make the assumption you are not watching on video tape.

For my sins I still say I’m going to “tape” a programme! Us oldies will never get with it...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here