Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion fans ejected and to be prosecuted following racist comments v Spurs

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
https://offthepitch.com/a/brighton...p-fast-support-footballs-fight-against-racism

May be behind paywalls so if not

7562dc1a51366a840fb43d6803fdb424.jpg
[/IMG]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
There are many issues where I totally disagree with Barber but on this point I agree 100%. We must not tolerate racist behaviour. Lifetime ban is the correct punishment for those caught

Barber hasn't said to give them a lifetime ban though.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Well done Paul

Your view totally mirrors mine. I also believe that if someone properly commits to education they should be allowed back after a shorter ban, but if not, no, we have plenty on the waiting list.

And well done for calling out the government as well

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Agree with teh punishment but be interested on the evidence needed to convict.

I know before this has been a grey area for some fans that have been found guilty of things in the clubs eyes

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Fifa and the FA always seem to distance themselves from the problem and favor blaming society itself , as long as this remains the case then racism in football will always be there , the ridiculous slap wrist fines they handed out to Bulgaria is a classic example of simply sweeping it under the carpet , the powers that be had the power to ban Bulgaria from competition for a number of games yet decided not to do it .

Every now ad then they roll out a spokesperson saying they're going to act and do this and that and in reality is that nothing at all changes , sending players out in the warm up with stop racism now T Shirts isn't going to stop anything is it .

Brighton have a zero tolerance policy which they've acted upon and by the looks of it upheld , how can it be that all clubs around the world have different views on Racism ? because they know the punishments are limp wrist ed and would rather not bother with the minority who still go out of they're way to spout their vile abuse at players , i'm with PB on this one but as he rightly says it's up to everyone else to get their houses in order to make a real difference .

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Fifa and the FA always seem to distance themselves from the problem and favor blaming society itself , as long as this remains the case then racism in football will always be there , the ridiculous slap wrist fines they handed out to Bulgaria is a classic example of simply sweeping it under the carpet , the powers that be had the power to ban Bulgaria from competition for a number of games yet decided not to do it .

Every now ad then they roll out a spokesperson saying they're going to act and do this and that and in reality is that nothing at all changes , sending players out in the warm up with stop racism now T Shirts isn't going to stop anything is it .

Brighton have a zero tolerance policy which they've acted upon and by the looks of it upheld , how can it be that all clubs around the world have different views on Racism ? because they know the punishments are limp wrist ed and would rather not bother with the minority who still go out of they're way to spout their vile abuse at players , i'm with PB on this one but as he rightly says it's up to everyone else to get their houses in order to make a real difference .

Can't argue with that. FIFA & UEFA (and to a lesser degree the FA) have shown that they aren't really that bothered about stamping our racism. All we can do is keep our own house in order and set an example to the blazers of how racism (and homophobia) in football should be dealt with.

BHAFC once again leading the way.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
How can you be racist towards black players that play for Spurs when we have black players of our own, the abuse is normally as a group like the N word, say that to a Spurs player and you are saying it to them all.
I often wonder how many die hard Liverpool fans that go to Anfield ( and away) every week sing and rave about Salah but hate Muslims.
As I have said on here many times, the sheer ignorance and stupidity of racists and racism.
Pond life that need very stiff sentences.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Political at the end there - is he suggesting the incumbents are racist?

I think he is you know. In particular, a slight at some of the incumbents choice of language in the past I'd say.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
A minor point, but I believe the racist abuse at the senior team game was directed at Son, not at any of Tottenhams Black players, as the article states.

It was directed as sissoko

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Very isolated incident for the Albion / English football in general (excluding Burnley). Although this guy allegedly went too far, the initial comment about eating dogs wasn’t particularly nasty - or you’d have thousands of Man U fans banned!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here