Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion fans ejected and to be prosecuted following racist comments v Spurs

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
How can you be racist towards black players that play for Spurs when we have black players of our own, the abuse is normally as a group like the N word, say that to a Spurs player and you are saying it to them all.
I often wonder how many die hard Liverpool fans that go to Anfield ( and away) every week sing and rave about Salah but hate Muslims.
As I have said on here many times, the sheer ignorance and stupidity of racists and racism.
Pond life that need very stiff sentences.

I was at Shithole park (late 70s, early 80s?) when we had Ramsey (I think it was Ramsey, could be wrong) and they had Hilaire (deffo Hilaire). When Ramsey had the ball, they gave it the monkey chant. When Hilaire had the ball *we gave it the monkey chant. None of this has anything to do with reason or logic :shrug:

*Not me as we, I mean 'we', the droopy rectum types, who were in sufficient numbers to delude themselve into thinking they were the real fans, a delusion that, I'm told, persists to this very day. :shrug:

Jan 30, 2008
I was at Shithole park (late 70s, early 80s?) when we had Ramsey (I think it was Ramsey, could be wrong) and they had Hilaire (deffo Hilaire). When Ramsey had the ball, they gave it the monkey chant. When Hilaire had the ball *we gave it the monkey chant. None of this has anything to do with reason or logic :shrug:

*Not me as we, I mean 'we', the droopy rectum types, who were in sufficient numbers to delude themselve into thinking they were the real fans, a delusion that, I'm told, persists to this very day. :shrug:

Sitting in amongst a load of liberal hand wringers didn't do you any favours H
Regards
DF

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
If fans boo White players, could that be deemed racist? Or can it only be racist if you’re a different colour to the person you’re making derogatory remarks or noises about? For example, if a black friend boos Murray could that be deemed racist because Sir Glenn is white and he isn’t? It’s just I’m sure Sterling or some other high profile black player was booed recently and it was deemed to be racist in nature (not sure how it was proved) and the fans ejected / banned. If that was the case, could it therefore be applied the other way?

Going to a football match these days feels increasingly hazardous. All very well saying ‘but you’ve nothing to worry about unless...’ but what happens if someone maliciously, falsely or mistakenly accuses you of something? Doubt the club or authorities are interested in protestations, it’s such a high profile crime that I get the feeling clubs will operate a guilty until proved innocent approach because of the spotlight on as they have done with e.g. hooliganism. And it wouldn’t be the first time rough justice at the Amex has occurred. Indeed, Albion were investigated not so long ago for exactly this and suffered all the negative headline press before the eventual not guilty page 18 in brief column article cleared us, but by then the damage had been done. Slightly nervous authorities are becoming judge jury and executioner regarding all manner of crowd related matters and we’re becoming like US airlines where you only have to make a mild complaint about your pretzels and you can be throw off the aircraft under anti terrorist laws!

Thoughts? I guess until you’ve been falsely accused of something you probably won’t think there’s anything to worry about. I’m not so sure though...

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
If fans boo White players, could that be deemed racist? Or can it only be racist if you’re a different colour to the person you’re making derogatory remarks or noises about? For example, if a black friend boos Murray could that be deemed racist because Sir Glenn is white and he isn’t? It’s just I’m sure Sterling or some other high profile black player was booed recently and it was deemed to be racist in nature (not sure how it was proved) and the fans ejected / banned. If that was the case, could it therefore be applied the other way?

Going to a football match these days feels increasingly hazardous. All very well saying ‘but you’ve nothing to worry about unless...’ but what happens if someone maliciously, falsely or mistakenly accuses you of something? Doubt the club or authorities are interested in protestations, it’s such a high profile crime that I get the feeling clubs will operate a guilty until proved innocent approach because of the spotlight on as they have done with e.g. hooliganism. And it wouldn’t be the first time rough justice at the Amex has occurred. Indeed, Albion were investigated not so long ago for exactly this and suffered all the negative headline press before the eventual not guilty page 18 in brief column article cleared us, but by then the damage had been done. Slightly nervous authorities are becoming judge jury and executioner regarding all manner of crowd related matters and we’re becoming like US airlines where you only have to make a mild complaint about your pretzels and you can be throw off the aircraft under anti terrorist laws!

Thoughts? I guess until you’ve been falsely accused of something you probably won’t think there’s anything to worry about. I’m not so sure though...

Booing a player of any colour will never be punished.

Racially abusing a player with monkey chants or race specific language will increasingly be. I trust the club, police and CPS to base their actions on evidence.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

Racially abusing a player with monkey chants or race specific language will increasingly be. I trust the club, police and CPS to base their actions on evidence.

But I thought that was the basis of a recent case? Maybe I’m mistaken. Anyway, yes, totally agree racial abuse should be punished but that wasn’t my main point. Which was, I’m concerned a zero tolerance climate always ends up counting some innocent parties, just as it always does when applied in any situation. And I certainly DON’T trust the powers that be to get it right all the time - VAR anyone...?! :ohmy::whistle::smile:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

So do I but it does beg the question instant bans and no conviction (but to be decided)

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann

You sound paranoid.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
But I thought that was the basis of a recent case? Maybe I’m mistaken. Anyway, yes, totally agree racial abuse should be punished but that wasn’t my main point. Which was, I’m concerned a zero tolerance climate always ends up counting some innocent parties, just as it always does when applied in any situation. And I certainly DON’T trust the powers that be to get it right all the time - VAR anyone...?! :ohmy::whistle::smile:

Well yes, I think you are mistaken, and it would have been very easy for you to look it up first wouldn't it? And anyway, you used your mistake as the basis for your main point, which kind of undermines it.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Well yes, I think you are mistaken, and it would have been very easy for you to look it up first wouldn't it? And anyway, you used your mistake as the basis for your main point, which kind of undermines it.

Eh? Blimey, tough crowd! I tried entering boo and football into my search engine and it just came back with Palace.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Apart from NSC where you can make racist comments and post extremist links and just be, begrudgingly, given a small tempory ban and then welcomed back to carry on.
If, we as the fans want to stamp this out we need to do better. NSC is about as spinless on this as UEFA and FIFA. In fact, I assume some of the mods here must be using this as an auditon for a top job in those organisations.

:mad:???

Jan 30, 2008

How many black, Asian fans do you see at the Amex ? Plenty of middle class white liberal hand wringers though
Regards
DF

Last edited:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
How many black, Asian fans do you see at the Amex ? Plenty of middle class white liberal hand wringers though
Regards
DF

Two sit directly behind me and one sat next to me until two seasons ago and now sits with a bigger group in the WSU. I’ve never particularly considered their race though, they’re just my friends.

When tickets were easier to come by in The Championship we also took a Syrian family to their first ever football match. They are now legally settled and the boy is one of a new generation of young Brighton fans.

I wouldn’t say there are any handwringers around me either and certainly none in the North Stand - which you’d know if you went to a game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Regards
DF

Two on the row i sit in in WSL, one comes with her husband and then there’s an Asian guy.
I’m sure you’d agree it’s better to have middle class white liberal hand ringers than a bunch of racist bigoted ********s ...... or perhaps not.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I admire the patience of folk dealing with the throwbacks, above. A bit like housetraining a dog. Thing is, with a dog there is always an expectation that eventually it will stop shitting on the carpet. :lolol:

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away

Hello Portlock

The first paragraph you wrote, (a black person booing Murray is racist) is a bit silly.

The second one, you have a point. If you received a mistaken or malicious accusation of racism, and say for example, it was your word against someone else’s, I’m not confident the club would give you the benefit of the doubt. I suspect, they will reason that it’s more important to protect the brand of the club than the interest of one fan.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Two sit directly behind me and one sat next to me until two seasons ago and now sits with a bigger group in the WSU. I’ve never particularly considered their race though, they’re just my friends.

When tickets were easier to come by in The Championship we also took a Syrian family to their first ever football match. They are now legally settled and the boy is one of a new generation of young Brighton fans.

I wouldn’t say there are any handwringers around me either and certainly none in the North Stand - which you’d know if you went to a game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lots of Asian visitors in the north stand from the student population but also, the Amex is on a tick box for Japanese visitors since their famous World Cup rugby win. They come away with bags full of merchandise from the shop.

The fairy is so out of touch with every day life. He's only capable of sitting in the corner of the local pub dribbling and muttering into his pint. Nobody takes him seriously.

Jan 30, 2008
I dont actually condone racial abuse , what I will say though is some of the precious comments above quite amusing , I guess a few day trippers are really going to change the demographics of the Amex , I'll stick to my origanal view on the subject mainly white liberal hand wringers
Regards
DF

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here