Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Worse - Syrian war and worldwide terror attacks

Best - Completion of the Amex stadium and our rise to the Premier league.
    Kobanî liberated 26th Jan 2015 = Modern day Stalingrad
    RIP Ceylan Ozalp, 19
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Zqu...dex=11&list=WL

• North Stand Chat

advertising

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by The Clamp View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Pretty dire decade for me. Lost my Mum, Dad and Brother, stepdad got cancer and now has dementia, broke up with the other half, lived some of it in Palace territory. We have lived under the foul yoke of a Tory government for most of it and we voted to leave the EU. Trump became president and Johnson became PM. Good points are I moved back to Sussex and got the kind of job I have wanted for years, we got promoted and moved to the Amex.
      All in all I will not miss the 2010’s. Just a pity that the 2020’s will inevitably see the destruction of the United Kingdom and unimaginable climate disaster. I also wouldn’t rule out a global conflict in the not too distant future, probably nuclear.
      How lovely.
      Sorry, that’s so grim, I genuinely ended up .

Think you’re right about the UK, but that’s been on the cards well before Brexit. The 1997 decision to allow a Scottish Parliament, let the genie out of the bottle, with the SNP who had previously been supported by just 1 in 5 Scottish voters, soon crushing Labour with their necessarily divisive propaganda, gaining a platform from seizing power. They wouldn’t take an electoral “no” for an answer after they lost the referendum unlike the French Canadiens; the very next day whinging and manipulating for another go. Brexit will accelerate it along.

2 Not allowed!
      Worst: lost too many loved ones this decade, life has got a lot more uncertain
      Best: don’t sweat the small stuff anymore and learnt the value of true friendship
      “Everything about this looks wrong. The run-up is too long, too straight, and you know it’s going over the bar ... it goes over the bar, and Brighton have stolen a trip to Wembley! That is an absolute burglary! And that is the FA Cup!”

4 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Weststander View Post
      Great shout about London 2012 .... what an incredible two weeks.
      Today the feeling and sentiment of those games feels like it was from a totally different era though. The country is a billion miles away from how it was back then.
      "I will design a town in the image of your face. Round the wrinkles of your eyes my footsteps you can trace. We could promenade down infra-nasel depression. The streets of your hands will never feel a recession."

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Herr Tubthumper View Post
      Today the feeling and sentiment of those games feels like it was from a totally different era though. The country is a billion miles away from how it was back then.
      I would say that some people still moaned and were angry then, portraying life in the UK as crap. Anecdotally, NSC would’ve had a small army of posters relentlessly depicting Cameron and Osborne as evil fascists. In hindsight, when benchmarked against Trump, and the extremes we have now at home and overseas, what bunkum.

The rise in racism and angry nationalism, including anti semitism from right and left loons, is something I simply never saw coming.

Personally, I still see many positives in life. Going by your interesting posts, away from politics, you do too.

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by drew View Post
      The fraud that was Austerity followed closely by the fraud that is Brexit.
      I was thinking exactly the same your response is concise and to the point a decade (excluding the Albion) where yet another generation has been forgotten.

Last night Mrs Blue3 was watching a programme about Harvey Nicoles and how it caters exclusively for the wealthy, very weathly and mega weathly one comment I recall from one of the individuals at the top of the management was how the financial crash of 2008 had affected sales and how spending did not return to normal until 2011 which left me stunned that only took 3 years for us to recover from the worst financial crisis since the Second World War as it seemed to still be going on to me ! just how out of touch are some sections of our society, the vast majority are still paying for the sins of the few I am also amazed at the vast majority who will do all it can to ensure the minority retain the status quo, our social structures are so ingrained its totally crackers
      Last edited by Blue3; 13-11-2019 at 04:01.

1 Not allowed!
      The 2010’s for me were challenging at times but so were the all the other decades I’ve been alive for, 70’s 80’s,90’s and 00’s in their own way, I tend to invest in the small positives.

My father passed away in 2010, but I’ve slowly got to grips with that, all things sport related have been amazing and I got married for the second time to my amazing wife in 14.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by The Clamp View Post
      Pretty dire decade for me. Lost my Mum in 2012 and my Dad and Brother in 2014, stepdad got cancer and now has dementia, broke up with the other half, lived some of it in Palace territory. We have lived under the foul yoke of a Tory government for most of it and we voted to leave the EU. Trump became president and Johnson became PM.
      Legends like Bowie, Cornell and Prince left us.
      Good points are I moved back to Sussex and got the kind of job I have wanted for years, we got promoted and moved to the Amex.
      All in all I will not miss the 2010’s. Just a pity that the 2020’s will inevitably see the destruction of the United Kingdom and unimaginable climate disaster. I also wouldn’t rule out a global conflict in the not too distant future, probably nuclear.
      How lovely.
      I can relate Tom a lot of that, never had to stoop as low as living anywhere near Croydon, I feel your pain.

Politics and musician icons are largely beyond our control so don't bother me. As well as the chance of global conflict, we also face the very real possibility of national disruption, violence and maybe even revolution.

This year, for the first time in my life I've suffered from a minor medical ailment, the first time in life I've felt my age, or actually registered to myself that I'm not invincible! Nothing permanent fortunately (apparently) but the medication isn't great for ones mental state, and I've always been glass half full. . Coupled with everything else, particularly work/business it's been a shit year, although I had a great interview on Monday and I can see some light at the end of the tunnel!
      It's all a load of bollocks

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Herr Tubthumper View Post
      Yep. And whatever happened to the infamous 'legacy' promised?

0 Not allowed!
      For me it breaks down into pre and post Bowie's death. The time before was great; the Amex, work going well, my daughter building a good career and some great holidays and trips abroad. The time after saw Brexit, Trump and a diagnosis with Myeloma; an incurable blood cancer. Some good things in recent years like the Albion in the Premier League but overall they have been s..t.