Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Cochrane earns England U-20 call-up

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
It's taken 90 minutes to get a single response.

A response to the news that another Albion player might don a shirt bearing the 3 lions. For what, only the second time since Bobby Z?

AZ Gull was right, very few people on NSC give a toss about our youngsters.

Well, yes this is impressive and wonderful news for Cochrane. Congratulations to him and I don’t mean to poo poo the achievement by pointing out that...

Sanders, Roberts, Jenks, Cashman and McGill have all played for England at youth level, and there may be more [MENTION=1276]AZ Gull[/MENTION]

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Well, yes this is impressive and wonderful news for Cochrane. Congratulations to him and I don’t mean to poo poo the achievement by pointing out that...

Sanders, Roberts, Jenks, Cashman and McGill have all played for England at youth level, and there may be more [MENTION=1276]AZ Gull[/MENTION]

There is ........Alex Cochrane!

(he has already played for England U-16s, back in August 2015).

But are 'scholars' actually counted as our players? If so, then as recently as August this year, 15-y-o Toby Collyer played the whole match in an England U-16 friendly with Ireland.

https://www.angmeringschool.co.uk/category/football/

I don't think he came off the bench against Denmark. I believe he is third from the left here

IMG_0088.jpg

Last edited:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Excellent news - good luck Alex!

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
But are 'scholars' actually counted as our players?

Well Sanders played at u19 Euros, McGill I believe has played at U19. Cashman hasn’t been around England for a while but Jenks and Roberts are both regularly involved at U18 so are technically scholars but have been playing for the BHA U23 this season.

I think March and Forster Caskey both got U21 call ups at one point or another.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014

A response to the news that another Albion player might don a shirt bearing the 3 lions. For what, only the second time since Bobby Z?

bit needy

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
Well Sanders played at u19 Euros, McGill I believe has played at U19. Cashman hasn’t been around England for a while but Jenks and Roberts are both regularly involved at U18 so are technically scholars but have been playing for the BHA U23 this season.

I think March and Forster Caskey both got U21 call ups at one point or another.

yep, plus Harding and Hinshelwood. Also Walton has played for England at various youth levels

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Wonderful news and very happy for him personally, in all the games we've seen him play it's a well deserved accolade, I'm sure the club will be looking to find him a decent level club to loan out to and further his experience for next season, and wherever he goes I think he will improve that club in that position, a very exciting prospect indeed.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Sanders, Roberts, Jenks, Cashman and McGill

Alex Cochrane

Toby Collyer

March and Forster Caskey

Harding, Hinshelwood. Walton

And Rushworth only last week!
https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/1487483/young-albion-keeper-gets-england-call-up/

What was it you were saying [MENTION=5502]Nottseagull[/MENTION] about people paying no attention to the youngsters...?

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003

"Don't give a toss" is probably a bit strong, but you're right, I saw this thread and didn't even bother opening it as we have so many talented youngsters that frankly I've lost track of who is playing for whom and where. I know we've had a full Argentinian international, and given our now-high standards I'd nearly go as far as to say I'd be surprised if any of our youngsters aren't on somebody's international radar. Only full internationals are news now! (Also don't forget a lot of NSC don't give a toss about England anyway, so someone winning a non-full call-up, even for England, means nothing).

But yeah, it's a long way from the days when we used to go ape-shit every time Zamora got into the England U21s!

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Awesome news. Been around for a few years but didn't ever think he was one of the top performers. More solid squad player in the relevant age group. Glad to find out he's kicked on. Maybe a decent loan after Xmas?

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Awesome news. Been around for a few years but didn't ever think he was one of the top performers. More solid squad player in the relevant age group. Glad to find out he's kicked on. Maybe a decent loan after Xmas?

Given, Bernardo's continuing injury, Bong, not being a Potter type player, our defensive injuries and suspensions and Potters willingness to promote from the u23s, I think there's an outside chance of him being in the first team squad against Leicester.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here