Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Jones to Cardiff?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
Too easy a connection to make. Chris Hughton would be more likely...….. and that won't happen either.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Probably needs to rein in his ambitions a bit for his next job. League 1 maybe - or even higher league 2 - he has a reputation to rebuild.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Should of stayed with Luton and got that promotion on his CV. Had a season in the championship with little pressure and then moved on If successful. Still we all make mistakes.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Should of stayed with Luton and got that promotion on his CV. Had a season in the championship with little pressure and then moved on If successful. Still we all make mistakes.

A wonderful thing hindsight. Personally l can understand why we took the Stoke job, Luton were still in League 1, Stoke are a much bigger club, Nathan is a young confident and ambitious manager . . . It could have worked out for him, just one of those things that it didn't.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
A wonderful thing hindsight. Personally l can understand why we took the Stoke job, Luton were still in League 1, Stoke are a much bigger club, Nathan is a young confident and ambitious manager . . . It could have worked out for him, just one of those things that it didn't.

All true but can you see Cardiff being the club to give him his next job? I can’t, they will be looking for a proven manager imo. The Stoke job seems to have been too big a jump for Jones although I can see why he jumped at it. He has always been a cocky and confident person as we saw when he played for and against us. Stoke is a poisoned chalice, a bit like Man City before a country bought them, not that surprised it went wrong for Jones.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Probably needs to rein in his ambitions a bit for his next job. League 1 maybe - or even higher league 2 - he has a reputation to rebuild.

Definitely, the only championship possibilities would be either Luton (never go back) or Charlton if it goes pear shaped for Bowyer.

In reality though, I agree a League 1 club (Gillingham) or a Swindon may be more likely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
All true but can you see Cardiff being the club to give him his next job? I can’t, they will be looking for a proven manager imo. The Stoke job seems to have been too big a jump for Jones although I can see why he jumped at it. He has always been a cocky and confident person as we saw when he played for and against us. Stoke is a poisoned chalice, a bit like Man City before a country bought them, not that surprised it went wrong for Jones.

Probably Karanka or someone similar.
Holloway a long shot? Not that different to Warnock in terms of style

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Probably Karanka or someone similar.
Holloway a long shot? Not that different to Warnock in terms of style

Hughes over both of those I’d have thought. I wonder if CH would be interested though?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here