R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Not to worry, Muzza will save us.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
At least we now know why he was taken off at half time against Man Utd.

Yep, Graham Potter was quoted in the Argus this morning:-

".. Aaron was feeling his groin a little bit as well. So it was a booking [for Montoya], slight injury and tactical, try to get some sort of control of the game."

This news was probably to be expected.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
yep, graham potter was quoted in the argus this morning:-

"..
aaron was feeling his groin a little bit as well. so it was a booking [for montoya], slight injury and tactical, try to get some sort of control of the game."

this news was probably to be expected.

pervert!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I think it's time we put an end to these international breaks. So many players get a groin strain the weekend before it's got to be treated as player abuse! Stop it, now!

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I think it's time we put an end to these international breaks. So many players get a groin strain the weekend before it's got to be treated as player abuse! Stop it, now!

In all seriousness l really think that we should. They stop the Premier League from gaining any momentum, and they leave too many blank weekends. For those teams who will be losing players, well that's the price of success, it might even up the playing field a little bit!

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
I'm all for the Fergie policy when it comes to players called up for international duty. His players used to suffer from tweaks and niggles when international breaks came around and then (as if by magic) were fit to play for the club having "recovered" during the break.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away

We haven't had much luck with it, that's for sure.

I'll continue to support international football. though I think Uefa tournament qualifying should be groups of 4 with the winners going through and runners up playing off. This would give us 6 qualifying games to get into a tournament instead of 10. 3 weekends needed per season

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I'm all for the Fergie policy when it comes to players called up for international duty. His players used to suffer from tweaks and niggles when international breaks came around and then (as if by magic) were fit to play for the club having "recovered" during the break.

...or adopt the Guardiola approach. Get your player to have a massive ruck over breakfast with a teammate and dropped.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
In all seriousness l really think that we should. They stop the Premier League from gaining any momentum, and they leave too many blank weekends.

Agreed. It leads to some ridiculous scheduling.

We spend the first 4 months of the season playing once a week, with three 2 week International breaks along the way. Then comes December, and we play 8 games in 31 days between Dec 5th and Jan 4th - so thats a game less than every 4 days. Teams in Europe have to squeeze a 9th game in amongst that lot as well. Its batshit mental.

It worked far better IMO when there was no International breaks - the qualifiers were just played midweek in-between PL fixtures. Of course nowadays the overly- bloated Champions League has put paid to that, so we are where we are I suppose.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here