Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Mark Chapman

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I think he's excellent. He's just the right side of Partridge, which is where all good presenters should be.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Brilliant on 5live's Monday Night Club. Especially if paired with the right guests (Chris Sutton, Ian Wright and this footy journalist called Rory is my preferred choice).

He plays it perfectly. Asks questions from the view of a fan but is also knowledgeable enough to not let the 'experts' talk away without arguing points. His head to heads with Chris Sutton are always a joy, especially as it's normally Suttons odd view vs the 3 others in the studio.

It's such a relief he holds back from falling into the 'lads lads banter bantaaaaa Soccer AM nonsense' which many non ex-footballer presenters can often fall into to appear matey with the experts.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Brilliant on 5live's Monday Night Club. Especially if paired with the right guests (Chris Sutton, Ian Wright and this footy journalist called Rory is my preferred choice).

He plays it perfectly. Asks questions from the view of a fan but is also knowledgeable enough to not let the 'experts' talk away without arguing points. His head to heads with Chris Sutton are always a joy, especially as it's normally Suttons odd view vs the 3 others in the studio.

It's such a relief he holds back from falling into the 'lads lads banter bantaaaaa Soccer AM nonsense' which many non ex-footballer presenters can often fall into to appear matey with the experts.

Exactly. Jake Humphrey is the worst for that, it’s cringe-worthy watching him try to be ‘one of the lads’.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Seems like a nice chap (man) but I do find his voice ever so monotone and dull.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
No this is not about killers who have murdered famous scouse pop gods but about the BBC sports presenter who is currently doing his job on BBC 2...
He’s very good at his job isn’t he ?

Anyone who can introduce Dion Dublin as ‘the presenter of BBCs Homes under the hammer’ is ok by me.
Chappers has obviously dwine his homework there, did he betray a smile as he said it?

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
He's an everyman. Always sounds like he has lickspittle in the back of his mouth. Finishes sentences ever...so...slowly as part of that forced relaxed style producers tried to introduce when Chiles was presenting MOTD2. One of those guys at football who'd call you matey, thump you on the shoulder if you weren't constantly laughing and depart to the bogs every 20 minutes for a cheeky line. Banterrrrr

darters74

Jun 9, 2011
All over the place
Can't stand the bloke. Dull voice and always looks like he's not listening to the others. One of my least favourite presenters.

Lineker is great at his job and Clinton Morrison is excellent on Soccer Saturday!

Marxo

Aug 7, 2011
Ghent, Belgium
Mr Banana wrote:
'Finishes sentences ever...so...slowly as part of that forced relaxed style producers tried to introduce when Chiles was presenting MOTD2' - too right, drives me up the effing wall!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
IMHO Chapman’s a good TV and radio presenter, he’s got better over time and I love his passion for NFL.

On Radio5 he used bore on about his beloved Manure at the slightest opportunity, but seems to have wisely buried that biased noise.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
On 5 Live a few minutes ago he just said 'football finance expert' Kieran Maguire produces a fascinating podcast.

He must have started on the Christmas booze early ???

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
He's decent now but when he first started he was the epitome of a bitter manc.

I remember in the early 2000s England had a friendly in Madrid where the police attacked England fans indiscriminately in the queue for no reason. Chapman's reporting of this was a sarcastic "boo hoo England fans". He seems to have cut all that out now.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
He's decent now but when he first started he was the epitome of a bitter manc.

I remember in the early 2000s England had a friendly in Madrid where the police attacked England fans indiscriminately in the queue for no reason. Chapman's reporting of this was a sarcastic "boo hoo England fans". He seems to have cut all that out now.

This.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here