Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Builder for re- Pointing a chimney Shoreham Beach area

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
Can the good folk of NSC help me out again. I’ve always been delighted by the recommendations on here.

I need a builder to re-point my mothers chimney which is leaking from the recent heavy rains and causing a drip through the ceiling. Shoreham Beach area.

Insurance will sort the ceiling but re-pointing comes under “wear and tear”

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Easy enough job, should only take a couple of minutes.

How do you know it's the pointing that's at fault? That's more likely to cause damp, and I would suspect eroded mortar from the flashing (which should seal the gap where the stack meets the tiles or slates). However, if it's just the top of the lead flashing (or other material) that has come away from the brickwork, then reinstating that could be termed as repointing. [/QUOTE]

Last edited:

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
How do you know it's the pointing that's at fault? That's more likely to cause damp, and I would suspect eroded mortar from the flashing (which should seal the gap where the stack meets the tiles or slates). However, if it's just the top of the lead flashing (or other material) that has come away from the brickwork, then reinstating that could be termed as repointing.
[/QUOTE]

I’m sure you are completely correct as it makes perfect sense. This info came from the insurance surveyor who used the old “camera on a long pole trick” according to my mother.

CAPTAIN GREALISH

Jan 6, 2010
Can the good folk of NSC help me out again. I’ve always been delighted by the recommendations on here.

I need a builder to re-point my mothers chimney which is leaking from the recent heavy rains and causing a drip through the ceiling. Shoreham Beach area.

hi mate happy to quote will pm you cheers steve

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I've done a bit of that sort of thing. I recently did some pointing on one of the walls at Lewes castle. PM me for a quote.

Stoichkov

The Miserable Bulgarian
Jul 26, 2004
Brighton
My chimney was leaking earlier this year and as it was a bit of a mystery exactly what the problem was - I had it removed instead.

Cesar Chavez

Apr 17, 2012
California
Have a word with Dwayne. He knows a thing or two about chimneys. Didn’t he and his mate sweep Kylie’s chimney?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

clockend1983

Apr 1, 2010

My son lives Shoreham beach give him a bell he will be happy to quote
Tom 07964 334148

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here