Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Real feelings about Utd game

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I thought we had got rid of our inferiority complex since GP had taken over but I thought we were pressured very early today similar to Chelsea away and buckled somewhat. So I’m disappointed today in so much that I thought we had gone up a level but now maybe I, like a few others, had got ahead of ourselves.
What think you ?

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
So would you say City have an inferiority complex with Liverpool? Because their game today went the same way. United have a much better team than us, the only way we can beat them is to catch them out tactically or on a bad day. Clearly Ole had done his homework going by his press conferences. The same will go for Arsenal if they keep imploding we will have a chance but its a chance not a given.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
So would you say City have an inferiority complex with Liverpool? Because their game today went the same way. United have a much better team than us, the only way we can beat them is to catch them out tactically or on a bad day. Clearly Ole had done his homework going by his press conferences. The same will go for Arsenal if they keep imploding we will have a chance but its a chance not a given.

I see now how much better they are than us Saunders but I made a mistake in thinking the gap had closed further..... bearing in mind we’ve had our successes against them at home. Still a way to go.... and that realisation has left me a bit down tonight...... but not out mate.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
I see now how much better they are than us Saunders but I made a mistake in thinking the gap had closed further..... bearing in mind we’ve had our successes against them at home. Still a way to go.

Yes dont underestimate the advantage of being at home. Still a way to go and we have some tricky games coming up that I hope we get some points but if we dont its not the end of the world.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Getting a win today was always going to need us to be on top form and them to be below par. They've looked a bit out of sorts this season so it wasn't beyond the realms of possibility, although they did look decent on Thursday against Partizan Belgrade.

As it turned out, they played quite well and we weren't at our best. I won't lose any sleep over it.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
We are Brighton, nothing more and nothing less.

We're still PL new-boys and establishing ourselves as a PL club. We don't have a 100 million strong worldwide fanbase and we never will have, but what we are doing is laying down roots. Some clubs grow so fast they are like a 100ft tall tree with 3 foot wide roots. First strong wind and they're over. We're doing it the right way - grow the roots first, then the tree will withstand the storms. We have a brilliant chairman and a great team around him.

What we lacked today was a squad full of world class players. Simple as that.

Man Utd may be scuffing along on their arses right now but their keeper is on £350,000 a week for starters!! They're a world apart from us in their structure.

Let's just agree that on our day we could have given them a bloody nose. Today was not our day, and the best team won.. Not what I'm happy about, but a fact all the same.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
I thought we had got rid of our inferiority complex since GP had taken over but I thought we were pressured very early today similar to Chelsea away and buckled somewhat. So I’m disappointed today in so much that I thought we had gone up a level but now maybe I, like a few others, had got ahead of ourselves.
What think you ?

Like under CH there will be teams our style is a nightmare for and teams that like playing against us.

The way CH setup was perfect for Manchester United and Liverpool and other teams who liked to press as we would just keep two banks of 4 and close the ball. Today we just gave MU too much space and we gave the ball away too many times cheaply.

I think we will show progress this season but that will be us being comfortably mid table rather than bothering the top 10. If potter achieves that in his first season in the PL then that is amazing in itself.

Like potter we need to just enjoy and believe in the way we play and not get too carried away with the wins and not too despondent with the defeats

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The other teams allowed to play too.

We happened to get Utd on a good day, as their planning (Fred taking Stephens out of the game) disrupted us.

nickjhs

NSC Patreon
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
I didn't see any inferiority complex, in fact we had more possession. What I saw was us up against quicker paced team, who knew how to stop us taking control of the game. What went wrong was too many on NSC thought that Utd were shite and we would waltz in there are teach them how to play. They are a good side, for pities sake they are the only side to have taken a point off of Liverpool. We saw why they have lost a few games, they keep missing golden opportunities to score. There are two Premier leagues, we are doing ok in the b section.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
id been taken in by the hype that united are crap .

They were quite brilliant really , we couldn’t live with them from the off .

Facts are we are still looking to survive this season . Bit of a reality check of where we thought we were

Fair play to united . Very decent

Away form a concern again

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Beating Utd at home is possible, away is a different matter. Still only 5 goals on the road this season and 3 of those were at Watford...

Brian Parsons

May 16, 2013
Bicester, Oxfordshire.
I, like many of us got carried away by three home wins, against as it happens two teams who played well below their norm and a team who look like relegation fodder already. So we went to Old Trafford with ideas above our station and due to poor play from us and them doing their homework on us gave us a bloody nose and a wake up call. Still onward and upward.

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
The Guardian reporting that was Man U's best game of the season.

No need to beat ourselves up.

Take a step back. We're Brighton, they are Man U.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
The other teams allowed to play too.

We happened to get Utd on a good day, as their planning (Fred taking Stephens out of the game) disrupted us.

Did Fred take Stephens out the game, or did Stephens allow Fred to play? It’s a bit coincidence that their £60m signing who has been lambasted by Stratford faithful for under performing plays a blinder when up against Dale ‘the crab’ Stephens. No wonder he likes being by the seaside.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
The Guardian reporting that was Man U's best game of the season.

No need to beat ourselves up.

Take a step back. We're Brighton, they are Man U.

I’m a bit cynical about that statement because as fans of City and Liverpool etc are saying, it was only Brighton not Barcelona and harsh as that sounds...it’s true!! :ohmy:

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Did Fred take Stephens out the game, or did Stephens allow Fred to play? It’s a bit coincidence that their £60m signing who has been lambasted by Stratford faithful for under performing plays a blinder when up against Dale ‘the crab’ Stephens. No wonder he likes being by the seaside.
OGS said in his post match he specifically bought Fred into the team to stop Stephens and Propper.

I guess there's a compliment within that.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
No inferiority complex.

We came to win & dominate, but failed. Potter quite obviously expected United to play in a different way than they did, after 10 minutes or so the camera was showing Potter writing in a notebook with an expression that sort of said "hmm, shit this is not what I expected...". We wanted to lock their game and force their defenders to play it long and have our giant defenders win every duel, thus keep the ball ours. But Lindelöf turned out to be fit and that young Williams guy started on their left, so the likely tactic to let Jones & Rojo waste possession failed.

When it very quickly turned out United would play through their midfield we got ****ed, because there is no world where our defenders are capable of dealing with their freak show of pace. If Potter knew the United lineup before he picked his own I'm fairly certain one of Connolly and Maupay would have been benched for an extra midfielder.

But once the game kicks off, what you gonna do? Take someone off after five minutes, destroying that player? Nah, you still give them the chance, and today the team didnt take it.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here