Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Player ratings Manure - Brighton

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Matt Ryan 6 - some good saves, but could have done better at least on the second goal.

Martin Montoya 4 - lost the ball numerous times and did not have fun playing vs Rashford
Lewis Dunk 7 - a lot to do and did it well though they inevitably got through a few times
Shane Duffy 6 - played very simple and did a decent job
Dan Burn - I just refuse to grade a 6'7 player going against Dan James

Steven Alzate 7 - great in the first half, good in the second
Dale Stephens 5 - decent passing, but not really his day; looked like mad runaway janitor too many times
Davy Pröpper 7 - did well
Leandro Trossard 4 - no, not today

Aaron Connolly 7 - threatening, took a lot of runs
Neal Maupay 5 - pretty invisible, loved him yelling at the Skywalker kid

Glenn Murray 5 - not much to say
Solly March 6 - did ok, no more no less
Pascal Gross 6 - decent, maybe should have started

theboybilly

Ryan 6 - some smart saves but goes down to early sometimes (Villa and today)
Montoya 5 - as ever a weak link. Certainly no Bruno
Dunk 7 - having to cover for others took away from his game
Duffy 5 - far too slow now for our system. Vardy will be licking his lips
Burn 6 - stuck to his task but needed more protection

Alzate 7 - good in parts but faded towards the end
Stephens 6 - early booking took it's toll
Proper 7 - stepped up to be our best midfielder on the day

Trossard 5 - wrong choice for this game, couldn't get into it

Connolly 7 - lots of effort and full of chasing

Maupay 6 - no real service but tried to get things going

Subs:
Murray 4 - just an offside waiting to happen
March 6 - should have started if only to help Burn
Gross 6 - again should perhaps have started if playing a front 2

Potter : 6 prepared to give it a go but for me a bit slow to change things especially when bookings started mounting. Will learn loads from this I hope

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Everyone 4, apart from Dunk, Ryan and Propper, who get a 6.

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
No one in the Brighton side managed a 7. Dunk & Duffy 6 and Ryan marked down for that 2nd goal so scored 5.5. the rest a sorry 5. Just a very bad day at the office, it happens sometimes. I can see no positives from this game. Maybe a little too open. 11th in the table though, now that is a positive.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Matt Ryan 6 - Done well with little help and poor finishing

Martin Montoya 4 - Dreadful performance. Need an upgrade on him
Lewis Dunk 6 Could have seen red. Nice goal but he is the captain and the defence was all over the place
Shane Duffy 5 - avearge
Dan Burn - 4 His worse game so far

Steven Alzate 6 steady i like him
Dale Stephens 5 - poor game Dale
Davy Pröpper 6 - One of our better players
Leandro Trossard 4 - poor

Aaron Connolly 5 - Did nothing of use
Neal Maupay 4 worse than Connolly

Glenn Murray 4 - Didn't notice him
Solly March 6 - done ok
Pascal Gross 6 - Should have started

Potter 3

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Ryan 7, as much for his distribution as sweeper, but good saves too.
Montoya 5, did ok, as much as anyone could against Rashford, and looked less nervous than many. Replaced in formation switch.
Dunk 5, usually on back foot, loads of aimless long balls, several fouls in dangerous positions.
Duffy 6. Decent in the air, did what was asked
Burn 4 - struggled, his first touch was noticeably poor today when harried by James. Good player that
Stephens 5 didn't seem up to pace, doesn't like it when harried
Propper 6 - some good stuff, when given time he was the one player looking to drive forward, but struggled when not given time, his first touch and reactions not quick enough for today
Alzate 5 - started bright but faded. Out numbered and did little defensively
Trossard 4 - took up positions too far away from midfield and saw very little of the ball as a result
Maupay 5 - another one with poor first touch and didn't like being crowded down, but poor long ball style did not suit him
Connolly 5, verging on 6, because his runs of the ball were the one thing that unsettled them in first half.
Subs March 5 Better than most with ball at feet, added some control for 10 minutes or so
Murray 3 - I think he's done. Offside twice, fouled their player twice, and did nothing of note at all
Gross 5. Nice corner for goal, should have been on in first half.

Where was Mooy? Should have started, does potter really get angry at people who get sent off?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
6 - average

Ryan - 8
Montoya - 6 - surprised he was taken off, we looked worse against Rashford in the second half.
Duffy - 5
Dunk - 7
Burn - 4 - as good as he was at the start of the season, he looks like he is struggling.
Alzate -5
Stephens - 4 - love Dale, but the passing was simply abysmal. Could have been sent off
Propper - 6 - great on the ball, but terrible without it.
Trossard - 5
Connolly - 5
Maupay - 5

Murray - 4
March - 5 - feel sorry for Solly. Needs games, as he just never seems to pick up the pace quickly enough.
Gross - 5

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Ryan - 6
Montoya - 4
Duffy - 6
Dunk - 6
Burn - 3

Stephens - 5
Pröpper - 6
Alzate - 5
Trossard - 4

Connolly - 5
Maupay - 5

Subs
Murray - 4
Groß - 6
March - 5

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Ryan 5 Think he should have dived on the ball for their 2nd but lacked the bottle.
Montoya 5 Torrid time against Rashford
Duffy 6 Stuck to his task
Dunk 7 MOM Forced unto a needless yellow card
Burn 4 Poor we need better
Trossard 5 Quiet game but shouldnt have been subbed as always likely to pull something out of the bag.
Propper 6.5 Kept prodding and unlucky with OG
Stephens 5 Early yellow killed his fighting instincts
.Alzate 6 Tried but lacks any vision to play a pass due to lack of experience
Maupay 6 Tried hard but got no joy at the United defence
Connolly 6 as per Maupay.

Subs

Murray 5 wasted sub did nothing
March 5 Should have started and did ok when he did come on
Gross 5 As per Solly

G Potter 4 Got it all wrong today so had a bad day in the office.

FF1

Aug 28, 2019
Murray should not even be on the bench going forward. Potter needs to made the tough decision. Bring on more youngsters for now. Give Jahanbakhsh a chance. Just no more Murray please. Wish he had retired last year while on top. Hopefully he can find a managerial role in the club.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Ryan 6 - At fault for the 2nd goal but also made some good saves.
Montoya 4 - Taken off before he was sent off. Shocking.
Dunk 8 - MOM but also gave away the free kick for the 2nd
Duffy 7 - Did well against pace on a tough afternoon.
Burn 5 - Cruelly exposed against pure pace, better once we went to a 3

Alzate 7 - Some very good stuff in possession but did make us narrow by coming inside a lot.
Stephens 6 - Struggled with a lack of passing options and movement upfront especially
Proper 7 - Did pretty well despite the OG

Trossard 5 - decent for 20 mins, disappeared after really.

Connolly 6 - Can't fault the effort and thought he was unlucky to be subbed. Ideally could do with pulling out for a couple of games IMO

Maupay 4 - Thought he was awful today, lack of movement, didn't hold the ball up, wasted possession when he had it. Been decent prior to this so entitled to one but was very poor for me.

Subs:
Murray 5 - Didn't happen for him but service was poor
March 6 - Mistake not to start him @ LWB IMO
Gross 6 - I would've started Gross too and probably have gone with one up front but I can understand the intent when we've been on a good run

Potter : 5 - Thought he got it wrong today. This was a game crying out for 3 at the back and wing backs IMO

Last edited:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Murray should not even be on the bench going forward. Potter needs to made the tough decision. Bring on more youngsters for now. Give Jahanbakhsh a chance. Just no more Murray please. Wish he had retired last year while on top. Hopefully he can find a managerial role in the club.

Băluţă on the bench rather than Bong, when Dunk is suspended, please.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea

One can on
Y hope he is mentoring Connolly, and maybe Maupay. . . .if so Connolly is coming on very nicely, Maupay is still a work in progress for me.

With the pace and quality of some/half the Manure players, we needed guile today, leaving Gross and Mooy on the bench was a mistake. A 4 for GP.

A 4-41-1 with Gross behind Connolly or Maupay may have worked, or Trossard/Gross wide, Mooy behind a striker.

No car crash performances really, although Mony R and Burn up were horribly out paced.

Murray and March were bizarre subs to my mind. Neither offered anything.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
One can on
Y hope he is mentoring Connolly, and maybe Maupay. . . .if so Connolly is coming on very nicely, Maupay is still a work in progress for me.

With the pace and quality of some/half the Manure players, we needed guile today, leaving Gross and Mooy on the bench was a mistake. A 4 for GP.

A 4-41-1 with Gross behind Connolly or Maupay may have worked, or Trossard/Gross wide, Mooy behind a striker.

No car crash performances really, although Mony R and Burn up were horribly out paced.

Jury out for me regarding Maupay. Can't fault his effort or work rate. You could also say the same about AJ though. Where Maupay fails for me to date is woeful finishing. Lots of running but little else.
No real pressure on the front two places which could be a problem. Potter doesn't fancy Murray and maybe the two strikers know that. After a great start for Connolly he also doesn't look like scoring. Hardly had a sniff today. Maybe to much is expected of him ? Real shame we have no other options.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai

I agree. We would have looked so much better with a midfield like that; a good solid centre of the pitch with 4 rows of 10 Albion midfielders across it would have limited Utd a lot more. Just not sure where I’d play the 41st man in that set-up, in front of the defenders, or linking up with the striker?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Careful.

Some very harsh scores for Burn on here. Not sure it was rally his fault.

I’d mark Potter down for putting him against Dan James

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

In what world is Dan Burn a left back? You can get away with it against Norwich but Potter is chancing his luck too much

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here