Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] OMG!! Saints Fans Want Chris Hughton

el punal

In the comments section of the Southampton Daily Echo someone has suggested that Chris Hughton takes over the ailing South Coast Club. If Chris happens to be aware of this here is my advice - DON’T!

In fact for the sake of your sanity, your health, your general well being avoid this like the proverbial plague. Put your feet up, look forward to Christmas and enjoy yourself - don’t go anywhere near that poisoned chalice. :ohmy:

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Somebody makes a suggestion about a former manager of ours in comments section and you start a whole thread on here about about it ?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
someones forgotten too quickly what Hughton done for us.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Somebody makes a suggestion about a former manager of ours in comments section and you start a whole thread on here about about it ?

Southampton = rival Premier League team in trouble

Hughton = our former manager

Comments section = basically another forum

Meanwhile, people start threads on here about a pair of bellend vloggers “boxing” and what to eat over winter and you choose not to comment at all :facepalm:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
When you are in the shit as deep as Saints are a manager who will almost certainly keep you up, regardless of style has to be worth a contract until at least the end of the season (it would have to suit CH too of course) Surely?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If the Albion had conceded 29 goals, in 12 games.
With a goal difference of -18.

I'd be crawling over broken glass to Hughton's front door.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I wouldn't be too fussed, if they started to play the way we did at the end of last season, one less relegation spot to worry about.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
If the Albion had conceded 29 goals, in 12 games.
With a goal difference of -18.

I'd be crawling over broken glass to Hughton's front door.

God THIS. If I was a club staring relegation in the face, needing an out-of work manager with premier league experience, preferably one proven at sorting out defences and grounding out points to stay up, there aren't many choices.

Mark Hughes - they've been there, done that last time they were in the shit. Big Sam. Alan Pardew, yeah he aint going back there. Chris Coleman. David Moyes. Steve Mclaren. Martin O'Neill. Tony Pulis. Nigel Adkins :lolol:

Yeah I'd beat down Chris' door.

Last edited:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
God THIS. If I was a club staring relegation in the face, needing an out-of work manager with premier league experience, preferably one proven at sorting out defences and grounding out points to stay up, there aren't many choices.

Mark Hughes - they've been there, done that last time they were in the shit. Big Sam. Alan Pardew, yeah he aint going back there. Chris Coleman. David Moyes. Steve Mclaren. Martin O'Neill. Tony Pulis. Slaven Bilic. Nigel Adkins [emoji38]ol:

Yeah I'd beat down Chris' door.
Bilic is now doing well at West Brom.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I hope he doesn't join Southampton. I held CH in high regard - still do, in fact. I was very saddened when he got sacked - although I readily acknowledge that TB called it exactly right - and I'm certainly not going to join the ranks of the Hughton detractors. If the great man took over Southampton and kept them up, maybe beating us in the process, the love would quickly be a lot less, and that would be a shame!

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
I hope he doesn't join Southampton. I held CH in high regard - still do, in fact. I was very saddened when he got sacked - although I readily acknowledge that TB called it exactly right - and I'm certainly not going to join the ranks of the Hughton detractors. If the great man took over Southampton and kept them up, maybe beating us in the process, the love would quickly be a lot less, and that would be a shame!

This. Was trying to figure out how I felt. Nail. Head. :thumbsup:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Well it would be a better deal for them than for him.

At this point that type of "survival manager" could be exactly what they need. At the same time it is sort of a sign of how hard and fast this club has fallen from its peak years.

However, I feel it could be sort of a trap for Hughton. Their squad is simply not good enough. Taking over, overseeing the shiet team get relegated and then get fired because thats how clubs do it, it just doesnt sound like a smart career move. Better to wait for the opportunity in some ambitious Championship club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here