Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Official Unrealistic Expectations for Today's Game, thread.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yesterday I did note a couple of our 'supporters' already bemoaning today's missed chances.

This coming on the back of last weekends narrative that Maupay is too wasteful, despite the Albion's shots/on target/goals being almost the same as Liverpool and City's.

With all that in mind I'd like to draw the Negative Nerys' attention to Leicester's eventual take down of Arsenal:-

19 shots
7 on target
2 goals

as well as Chelsea's utter humiliation of an abject palace side:-

23 shots
5 on target
2 goals

Last weekends Albion performance of 21/5/2 drew criticism of being wasteful.
It doesn't take the biggest leap of faith to assume any missed chance today will be the stick used to beat the player (Maupay) irrespective of the final score.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Expectation, just get to the game as train already 20 minutes late

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Albion’s stats for this afternoon - 9 attempts on goal, 9 on target, 9 goals scored. Ay theng yew! :cheers:
Only 9 attempts.

'We were really poor in their final third'
'The midfield's pass selection was appalling'.
'Bong got lucky with all 5 of his goals'.

Reagulls

Jul 22, 2013
I've stuck a fiver on a brighton win at 5/1 and got a cheeky £1 @50/1 as Dunk first goal scorer which I thought was very good odds.
Realistically, it's obviously a good time to play them and if we play to our abilities then anythings possible.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
My unrealistic expectation - the game gets abandoned when aliens land in the centre circle and enslave mankind.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
This coming on the back of last weekends narrative that Maupay is too wasteful, despite the Albion's shots/on target/goals being almost the same as Liverpool and City's.
Overall we're not being wasteful, but Maupay had an off day against Norwich, as it seems he forgot his shooting boots.

With all that in mind I'd like to draw the Negative Nerys' attention to Leicester's eventual take down of Arsenal:-
Despite your user name, you can't just draw a conclusion from the stats. Presumably some of Chelsea and Leicester's shots were from further out against a better defence than we faced. Norwich were terrible, and Maupay had a couple of good opportunities to score, but his efforts were poor.

It's ok, strikers are allowed to have an off day. Maybe some have been too critical of him, I haven't read it all.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I've stuck a fiver on a brighton win at 5/1 and got a cheeky £1 @50/1 as Dunk first goal scorer which I thought was very good odds.
Realistically, it's obviously a good time to play them and if we play to our abilities then anythings possible.

I have a couple of quid on Dunk 1-0 at 175/1

Connolly first half hat trick, subbed at half time for Murray who scores a second half hat trick. All from Gross assists.

...realistically would settle for a point or not losing by too many.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
I normally never bet on Brighton, it just leads to heartbreak but 5/1 was too big to turn down.

£12 of yesterday’s winnings on us to rise to 5th with a win.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
2-0 or 3-0 defeat. Nothing to see here. They know how we play and will press up very high up the pitch. Duffy won't be comfortable with that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here