Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Manchester United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
attachment.php
attachment.php

Man Utd v Albion

PREMIER LEAGUE

Venue: Old Trafford
Date: Sunday 10th November 2019
Kick-off: 14:00 GMT
Referee: Jonathan Moss
Assistants: Marc Perry, Edward Smart
Fourth official: Kevin Friend
VAR: Peter Bankes
Assistant VAR: Neil Davies

TEAM NEWS

Manchester United midfielder Scott McTominay is a doubt after sustaining a foot injury in the Europa League win against Partizan Belgrade.

Harry Maguire will also be assessed while Victor Lindelof may return from a back injury, but Ashley Young is suspended.

Brighton defender Adam Webster has been ruled out after being substituted last weekend with an ankle injury.

Leandro Trossard could start after scoring as a substitute versus Norwich.

MOTD COMMENTATOR'S NOTES

Conor McNamara: The last time Manchester United started a league season this badly was 33 years ago under Ron Atkinson. Patience ran out in November that year when Aberdeen's Alex Ferguson was appointed. The rest is Old Trafford history.

United started with a front three on Thursday and each of Anthony Martial, Mason Greenwood and Marcus Rashford scored. Ole Gunnar Solskjaer must hope that scoring touch can be transferred to the league.

Brighton have found a new groove in recent weeks, with three wins in their last four games. Those victories, though, have all come at home… and Brighton have never won at Old Trafford.

WHAT THE MANAGERS SAY

Manchester United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer on the Europa League win: "This is a little bit of a template on how we want to play, definitely.

"No disrespect to Partizan, but they gave us spaces. Of course after we scored the first goal, they went forward.

"These boys are learning. Tonight will give them loads of pointers of how to play. Even though the opposition is not the same as in the Premier League, it was still good principles."

Graham Potter: "It would be great to get a result this weekend at one of the best places in world football.

"Their quality is undoubted and we respect that - but we want to go there and be ourselves and take on the challenge in a positive way."

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

• [*=left]Manchester United have never lost in 11 previous home meetings with Brighton in all competitions, winning nine and drawing two.
    [*=left]Brighton have won two of their last three games against United, having triumphed in just one of the previous 18 in all competitions (D5, L12).
    [*=left]The home side has won all four Premier fixtures, and each victory has been by a one-goal margin.

Man Utd

• [*=left]Manchester United have won just three times in 16 Premier League matches (D6, L7).
    [*=left]However, they are unbeaten in 41 home games in November since losing 2-1 against Chelsea in 1996, a Premier League record for a single month (W34, D7).
    [*=left]They are one of only three Premier League teams yet to score from a corner or free-kick this season.
    [*=left]United have kept two clean sheets in 22 league matches.
    [*=left]The Red Devils have been fouled 156 times in 2019-20, more than any other Premier League side prior to the weekend.
    [*=left]They have had only four different Premier League goalscorers this campaign, a joint-league low alongside Crystal Palace.

Albion

• [*=left]Brighton can equal their club Premier League record of three straight wins, set in October 2018.
    [*=left]A victory in this fixture would give them 18 points after 12 matches, their best return at this stage of the season.
    [*=left]The Seagulls have lost 13 of their 14 Premier League away matches against established top-six opposition, only avoiding defeat in a 1-1 draw at Arsenal in May.
    [*=left]The aggregate score in those 14 fixtures was 30-3.
    [*=left]Albion have registered four Premier League clean sheets - only Manchester City and Sheffield United, with five, have recorded more.
    [*=left]Brighton's substitutes have contributed four goals, the joint-best return of any Premier League club, along with Sheffield United.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Bite your hand off for a draw today Dick Head

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Potterball could come of age today or we could get that thumping we all know will come with it now and again.

We are very overdue a win away against a Big Club.

Hope I can get a stream that doesn’t have me listening in Russian or Arabic though :smile:

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
I just hope this doesn't turn out to be a damp squib like the Chelsea game where we just didn't turn up after putting in some superb performances in the build up to that game. Although Chelsea have been playing much, much better than united. If we can play as we have been there's no reason we can't get something from the game...

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
What is Scholeschar going on about in that press release? I've read some incoherent rubbish in my time....:shrug:

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
What is Scholeschar going on about in that press release? I've read some incoherent rubbish in my time....:shrug:
I was thinking the same. An appointment for the ManU romantics. Out of his depth and flailing around. If the team can execute the plan a little more clinically, we could see Potter show his true colors today.

Not the game to lose Webster for though. We could see surprising changes in the starting 11 today.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So excited (just leaving Euston)

Or not, train has a problem not left Euston yet....now we are moving

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Hope I can get a stream that doesn’t have me listening in Russian or Arabic though :smile:

faff fraaar hakkz mmmmmm Dikkkr Dale Stephens exhhallzze kitttt

I loves it.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
faff fraaar hakkz mmmmmm Dikkkr Dale Stephens exhhallzze kitttt

I loves it.

It’s guttural enough without the smoker’s cough being cleared every thirty seconds which is what happened the last time I had an Arabic commentary :smile:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Nice that the pressure is all on the home team today. Hopefully we can use that to get doubts growing in the crowd.

Keep them out for twenty whilst scaring them with some neat attacking play and the crowd WILL turn

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Would like to see the Albion 0-2 up with renditions of “Teeeeeeaaaaams liiiiiiike briiiigggghhhhttttton” to the tune of play up Pompey, as the camera zooms into a troubled looking Ed Woodward in the stands

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here