Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Festival Of Remembrance

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Why does only Boris attend?

Is it only open to the current prime minister? I know they all attend the cenotaph, but is there a reason why there are so few politicians?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Why does only Boris attend?

Is it only open to the current prime minister? I know they all attend the cenotaph, but is there a reason why there are so few politicians?

I’d have expected Corbyn to be there, especially during an election campaign.

It is run by the Royal British Legion, not the State, so just the Prime Minister, otherwise you'd have to have all the party leaders there.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I’d have expected Corbyn to be there, especially during an election campaign.

I wouldn't. He doesn't respect that sort of thing. All his little momentum supporters and the 'join the Labour for 50p for a lark' members would be horrified. It would be a betrayal of his loyal fans if he went there wouldn't it - he'd be supporting fascism, wouldn't he.........

I mean, patriotism is fascism ............ innit ................ besides, the PLO weren't invited. Racist!

theonlymikey

Apr 21, 2016
I wouldn't. He doesn't respect that sort of thing. All his little momentum supporters and the 'join the Labour for 50p for a lark' members would be horrified. It would be a betrayal of his loyal fans if he went there wouldn't it - he'd be supporting fascism, wouldn't he.........

I mean, patriotism is fascism ............ innit ................ besides, the PLO weren't invited. Racist!
Spent his time respecting the thousands who lost their livelihoods this week.

Anyway, looked every bit more statesmanlike that drunk Boris today

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Someone starts a thread on the Festival Of Remembrance.

Shame it turns into a political binfest. Inevitable really.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Someone starts a thread on the Festival Of Remembrance.

Shame it turns into a political binfest. Inevitable really.

To be fair mine was nothing to do with politics, I was just interested that thornberry was there, but Corbyn wasn’t.

I thought again it was a humbling event and those parents who had lost their son in Afghanistan and then their other remaining son signed up for the paras and led them down the stairs. You are very much left with mixed feelings...tremendous sadness from the parents, tremendous pride they must have felt, but there again, they must dread a knock at the front door whenever their child is away on active duty. The comments they made when relating the story of the knock at the door when their first son had been killed was heartbreaking.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here