Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] It's That Time Of Year Again - BBC Patronises The FA Cup

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Starting with Football Focus and Dan Walker/production team doing the jokey MUFC thing straight from the off at Maidenhead United. BBC always seems to completely lose it's MIND in the early rounds of the FA Cup. Probably high on the fact that it's about the only football they can afford to broadcast nowadays. Totes. Cringe.

And... RELAX! :smokin:

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
The number of camera shots during last night's cup tie at Dulwich of people holding up foil/plastic replicas of the FA Cup was a teeny bit cringeworthy. That said, the BBC do continue to show an interest in the competition and have been streaming ties during the qualifying rounds via their website, so kudos to them for that.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I'm just glad that they take it seriously and show it. If you just have Sky, who invented football in 1992, you'd hardly know the competition existed.

Tricky one, I agree the BBC’s tone can be a bit wearing as they aim for broad coverage but surely any focus on non league is a good thing in these Prem juggernaut days. I imagine we’d be less bothered if we were still a League 2 club

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
I'm just glad that they take it seriously and show it. If you just have Sky, who invented football in 1992, you'd hardly know the competition existed.

Any sporting competition that Sky doesn't have rights to doesn't appear to exist in their eyes, including the World Cup and the Olympic Games.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
First couple of rounds of the tournament are the only ones worth watching these days. It actually feels like a proper competition.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Any sporting competition that Sky doesn't have rights to doesn't appear to exist in their eyes, including the World Cup and the Olympic Games.
SSN would rarely report on world sporting events they don't cover, like the UFC. Instead they'll report on WWE and put it on their sports channel, which is a farce (no complaints towards those who enjoy WWE, but let's not call it sport eh).

While thinking how shit Sky are, I remember back to how they celebrated removing SSN from freeview. How is that in any way supposed to be good for consumers? Of course not everything is good for consumers, but don't celebrate it like you're doing us a ****ing favour, you Jim White pile of shit!

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Starting with Football Focus and Dan Walker/production team doing the jokey MUFC thing straight from the off at Maidenhead United. BBC always seems to completely lose it's MIND in the early rounds of the FA Cup. Probably high on the fact that it's about the only football they can afford to broadcast nowadays. Totes. Cringe.

Perhaps they need David Attenborough as a pundit, and participate in footy pronunciations....
AKA Orungutaaaan......:lolol:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Crawley score in 4th and 6th minutes of added time to go 4-1 up.

Surely joining Chichester City in round 2.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
They need to play every round apart from the third in midweek and scrap replays. FA Cup weekends are actually more boring than international breaks.

I remember, in the not too distant past, how the first round of the FA cup for us was looked upon as a respite from the crap that was going on in the league and in the board room. Let's not get all entitled whilst the lesser teams of this world have to scrap it out. This competition keeps a lot of smaller clubs going for a few years and it's still fun for some supporters

Nov 5, 2019
I don't like it when weekend Prem football is cancelled for internationals or the FA Cup and the weekend I dislike the most is the 3rd round of the cup just after Christmas.Hate it.The FA Cup is dead and only good for top flight teams to give fringe players a kick around.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
BBC used to be the home of sport. Now it’s more like a public toilet, you know, if you’re desperate...

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Being pedantic, it started last night with the live match at Dulwich Hamlet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here