Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Are we in a false position?

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I’ve heard a lot of talk about how we could have so many more points, our possession and expected goals. I just noticed this though. After eleven games we have played the bottom eight clubs and nine of the bottom ten.

So can you look at another way. Are we in a false position because we’ve played all the crap teams?

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yes.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I’ve heard a lot of talk about how we could have so many more points, our possession and expected goals. I just noticed this though. After eleven games we have played the bottom eight clubs and nine of the bottom ten.

So can you look at another way. Are we in a false position because we’ve played all the crap teams?
We have thrown some points away thanks to 2 red cards, so perhaps should have more points, and yes, partly because we've played the lower half of the table. But the two clubs directly above us that we haven't played are hardly giants of the game, so there's no reason why we can't continue to do well (even though we're presumably about to take a bit of a hit).

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
The middle of the table is very congested and everyone is capable of beating anyone else in the league on the day. Brighton could have had more points, they have also had games where maybe the result could have gone against them. But there are 12-14 teams in the division who could say the same thing. But Brighton have earned their current position.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Goddamit! And there I was convinced that we were actually good all of a sudden.
I think we are, I'd be giving exactly the same answer if the team was 18th.

nickjhs

NSC Patreon
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
You asked the question the wrong way around. Considering a win or loss is all that separates us from 5 or 15th (ignoring goal difference) the middle placed teams all have their eyes on the prize and relegation at the same time. This league is going to fluctuate more than the weather. But ask the question another way is our football the quality you would expect from the 8th placed team in the PL and I would say yes.

Last edited:

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
We've played nine of the bottom ten teams because we're above them, and are better than them.

This is like asking whether Liverpool are in a false position because they've only played teams that are currently below them.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The reason 8 out of 10 of the teams we have played are below us are because we have beaten them. Fact.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
We've played nine of the bottom ten teams because we're above them, and are better than them.

This is like asking whether Liverpool are in a false position because they've only played teams that are currently below them.
[MENTION=24507]Bodian[/MENTION]'s and my brain: separated in a test tube in the darkest past....:eek::mad::laugh::thumbsup:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Whilst I agree with the point I think you're making, I can't help but point out that we've only beaten four of them....!

This is no time for pedantry.

Or is it? ???

razer

Mar 10, 2019
Ormskirk, Lancashire

Yebbut we stuffed Spurs who is a top six side innit.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Very difficult to tell as the "famed" top 6 clearly is not what it was (at present)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here