Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Hot curries

Pickles

May 5, 2014
I love my heat and spice, in a curry, trust me.

Vindaloo, Madras ? Mild to me.

But perversely, from Iceland, had a curry called Carolina reaper curry, which is beautifully so hot, it's out of my league.

Just had a little and had to get the mllk., My mouth is now back to normal after an hour, and I barely touched it.

This is seriously hot!!!!!

So, what curry beat you?

Pickles

May 5, 2014
Is this hotter than a phall

I'd compare it. I didn't expect the quality or heat from the Iceland shop.

I'm not moaning at all, I think it's brilliant, but very, very hot!

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
When it comes to spicy food, I have a very simple philosophy.

I want to be able to taste the same flavours with my last mouthful as I did with my first ...

So, blow-yer-socks-off hot stuff, just doesn't do it for me.

Pickles

May 5, 2014
Tried that when it came out. Yes I found it spicy, but not run for the milk spicy.

Yoda, I'm not a wimp when it comes to heat and spice, but this from an Iceland shop at £1.69, is brilliant, and long may it carry on!

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
I used to eat Ceylon/Phall level but I prefer to appreciate the taste now. What kind of taste does an Iceland curry have anyway you might as well just eat pure chilli mixed in with a chinese curry.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
A teaspoon full of sugar works instantly. Much better than milk. That's my tip if too hot.

And it helps the medicine go down.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
I have in the past enjoyed the hottest curries vindaloo/phall/tindaloo (is that such a thing?). These days I'm happy with Madras or Jalfrezi or sometimes dupiaza.

I did partake of the Wetherspoon curry club day on what was Brexit day in Tunbridge Wells which brought a sweat on. It was the naga chicken which came with poppadums and nan bread. If you like a hot curry I can recommend it very cheap and you get a pint with it

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I used to eat Ceylon/Phall level but I prefer to appreciate the taste now. What kind of taste does an Iceland curry have anyway you might as well just eat pure chilli mixed in with a chinese curry.

Why not just kick the handrail on the Circle Line?

bomber130

bomber130
Jun 10, 2011
I’m ok with a hot curry going in but the next day it’s doing the conga on my colon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
It's all about taste with a little heat for me.
I hate hot curries that burn your mouth it's ruins the food.
I find mild Sri Lankan (as there is always some heat) my favourite, but Sri Lankan can be extremely hot as well as also, as Corporal Jones would say.

mylesfdo

Jan 25, 2015
Madras or vindaloo perfect for me as like to taste the flavours.

On another note the Encona Carolina Reaper hotsauce is very nice with a great flavour, obv just watch how much goes on!!

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I love my heat and spice, in a curry, trust me.

Vindaloo, Madras ? Mild to me.

But perversely, from Iceland, had a curry called Carolina reaper curry, which is beautifully so hot, it's out of my league.

Just had a little and had to get the mllk., My mouth is now back to normal after an hour, and I barely touched it.

This is seriously hot!!!!!

So, what curry beat you?
Thanks, will get some today

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I'm an utter whimp when it comes to hot food. Love spices when they make something 'tangy' but hot ..... no thanks. I'm not sure what there is to enjoy if it sets your mouth on fire and blows your head off ?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I'm not sure what there is to enjoy if it sets your mouth on fire and blows your head off ?

“If you’ve ever noticed a funny feeling when you eat spicy food, you’re not just imagining things. Capsaicin, the compound that makes hot peppers hot, causes your brain to release chemicals that make some people feel buzzed or high.

Helix, a magazine and blog at Northwestern University explains that spiciness is actually not a taste but a sensation caused by capsaicinoids. In really simple terms, these compounds send a message to your brain that make it think it’s in pain. As a response, your brain releases endorphins and dopamine.”

I’ve had chilli before where the pain was so intense, my body thought that I had major burns! My whole face and mouth suddenly went numb, you could have removed a tooth and I’d not have felt it; I was a high as a kite.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here