Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Harry Billinge

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Just seen the BBC interview with the lovely 93 year old D-Day veteran Harry Billinge.
He has been collecting for a memorial for his fallen comrades and hes so far raised nearly £23000.

You look at some of the knobs that are awarded knighthoods, Harry should get one before its too late.
What a man.
Arise Sir Henry:clap2:

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
I agree that awards are given to freely a perfect example being Nick Clegg who gets a knighthood for failure, Henry deserves recognition

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
His silence, while watching for the first time his memorial starting to take shape was emotionally deafening.
A great flag bearer for the fallen,

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Still brighter than a button and a memory of an elephant. Fantastic man. That interview this morning was amazing. It's thanks to him and his like that we can lead the lives we choose to live.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Just seen him featured on the 10 o'clock news.

What a man. 93 years old and he is still fighting for his fallen comrades, 75 years later.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Humbling.

I'm struggling to think of anything on television I've watched that has engaged me like that.

What a man.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
If there were more people like Harry this world would be a far better place.

An absolutely truly genuine person

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
If anyone lives near Balcombe/Handcross, go visit the Wings museum and look out for the weekends where you can still meet the ww2 veterans but there are scant few left now and their little band of brothers has all but past now, it’s been sad to see them disappear one by one but they still meet and think 3 or 4 still get together for lunch. One D Day link is the Dakota used in band of brothers is there. But it’s a terrific little gem of a place, hidden in the countryside and run by wonderful volunteers. Recommend!

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here