Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] Happy Fridat!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Adjustments.jpg

Mikkeller Fudgesicle Beer Geek Imperial Oatmeal Stout brewed with Cocoa and Vanilla.

Happy Fridat!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
Today has been a spectacularly long and rubbish day at work. I could quite happily drink about 10 of those right now.

Pickles

May 5, 2014
Happy Fridat to one and all!

Had a great week, mostly working with a good mate, so all good.

Naturally, I had to go to Tesco, to buy some of these cracking BEAUTIES.......

imagespunk.jpg

......to be drunk, ICE cold, of course!

Happy Fridat!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Yeah. [MENTION=29364]Pickles[/MENTION] is here! Fridat has officially begun!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
View attachment 116970

Mikkeller Fudgesicle Beer Geek Imperial Oatmeal Stout brewed with Cocoa and Vanilla.

Happy Fridat!

That looks (both the picture and description) both absolutely delicious and also like it was made up by a guy writing a satirical TV show about hipsters I want some. I want some now. But, at the same time, FUDGESICLE? :wozza: :lolol:

I suspect I will have a couple of cans of something ICE COLD but less hipsterish with a take away. Nothing that'll destroy tomorrow's parkrun though.

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
View attachment 116970

Happy Fridat!

I love dark beers at this time of year.

I should probably stick this on the official middle aged craft beer thread, but has anyone else had any Sussex Small Batch Stouts?

Superb beers, all stouts, in a variety of styles, for example Tiramisu, Reeces Pieces Peanut Butter and a Mocha white Stout that I had after the game on Saturday from the Bottle and Jug offie, that was the best beer I've had for a while.

Beautiful cans too

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

I should probably stick this on the official middle aged craft beer thread, but has anyone else had any Sussex Small Batch Stouts?

Superb beers, all stouts, in a variety of styles, for example Tiramisu, Reeces Pieces Peanut Butter and a Mocha white Stout that I had after the game on Saturday from the Bottle and Jug offie, that was the best beer I've had for a while.

Yes ! :) Got a Mocha White Stout in the fridge but having a couple of weeks off the booze so it'll have to keep. Decent beers!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Having a small red from a nondescript wine box then have two Oakham Citra's and two Morrisons American Pale Ales ( Also by Oakham ) chilling for ron. Not 100 % sure but I believe someone said the Oakham Citra and the Morrison's APA are in fact, one and the same ?

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Started at 4.30am this morning and have driven 450 miles in total. Just got in and I'm just about to jump in the shower, put my glad rags on (when I'm out and dry, obvs) then off out to see some live comedy!

A burger and a few beers will be had as I'm not driving. The challenge will be not to fall asleep as I did exactly the same amount of hours and driving yesterday... :down:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Beautiful cans too

I don't mind the dark beers this time of year but Brooksteed has rather gone overboard at the moment, from their five cask offerings there are two Porters, one Mild, a Stout and a Red Ale ! Could do with slipping one APA/IPA in to that line up in my book.

Pickles

May 5, 2014
Having a small red from a nondescript wine box then have two Oakham Citra's and two Morrisons American Pale Ales ( Also by Oakham ) chilling for ron. Not 100 % sure but I believe someone said the Oakham Citra and the Morrison's APA are in fact, one and the same ?

Hi, young Veg, and Happy Fridat, matey!

I'd be very surprised if Oakham Citra and Morrie's APA were exactly the same brew, but what do I know?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Hi, young Veg, and Happy Fridat, matey!

I'd be very surprised if Oakham Citra and Morrie's APA were exactly the same brew, but what do I know?

Happy Pickling Pickles ! The Citra / APA thing was mentioned I think by one of our regular Fridat nighters, supermarkets don't brew beer but they get brewers to brew for them and the only recognition they get is deep in the small print usually. Morrisons have bucked this trend by putting the brewer on the front of the label which is nice, as I recall the Morrisons IPA is brewed by Marstons and that is probably sold by another name by Marstons although it's probably the same beer !

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
That looks (both the picture and description) both absolutely delicious and also like it was made up by a guy writing a satirical TV show about hipsters I want some. I want some now. But, at the same time, FUDGESICLE? :wozza: :lolol:

I suspect I will have a couple of cans of something ICE COLD but less hipsterish with a take away. Nothing that'll destroy tomorrow's parkrun though.

Beautiful cans too

I also love dark beers but had to go to the corner shop so had to go old skool. Guinness Boy is having a Guinness! :drink:

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
I don't mind the dark beers this time of year but Brooksteed has rather gone overboard at the moment, from their five cask offerings there are two Porters, one Mild, a Stout and a Red Ale ! Could do with slipping one APA/IPA in to that line up in my book.

I agree, you have to have a bit of balance. I like to start with a couple of cask pales, then maybe a hoppy keg IPA, and then onto the dark stuff.

Yes ! :) Got a Mocha White Stout in the fridge but having a couple of weeks off the booze so it'll have to keep. Decent beers!

I admire your will power, fantastic beer. I've put aside a Peanut Butter Stout for a mate, hopefully will see him soon otherwise it will get drunk!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here